Chapter 42

Having Vanessa back was a huge surprise, but in the best way possible. Yesterday afternoon she took me back to the hotel to collect my things, and then took me back home to the Shelby's where I'm intending to stay until Killen is out of Jail.

While I finished up doing whatever I could do for Killen's case including getting a visit for both Bella and Jex during the rest of the afternoon, Vee went back to Dex's place where she's staying and spend the rest of the day with him, and then she came back for dinner, having dinner with the Shelby family and I.

It was nice to be able to talk to her about what's been happening between Killen and I these last two days. It had been four weeks since we'd seen each other and when he first told me he loved me I thought it was out of fear, but it happened again today, and he no longer seemed scared, he seemed okay, so now it kind of feels like we never broke up to begin with, like I was on some kind of vacation for a couple of weeks.

But for now that can't be my focus, I need to focus on Killen's case and getting him out of jail as fast as possible.

"Morning honey, how did you sleep?" Bella smiles as I make my way down the stairs, today dressed in a tight black dress coming to the knee with small cap sleeves, and my heels on my feet.

"I slept really well, I feel like everything is coming together really well, I just don't know how I'm going to find the person who actually gave Farah the drugs."

"Do you need to do that to prove Killen is innocent?"

"I may have told the judge I'd get him the name of the person responsible if he allowed Killen's trial to take place next week."

"And what if you can't get the name?"

"Then I hope everything I do have is enough to get him out." I sigh.

"Good news." Jex grins as he jogs down the stairs. "We've finished going through all of the footage and there is something you might want to see." He says before turning on his heel, heading back up the stairs.

Turning I jog up the stairs in my heels and make my way to Jex's office, pulling the door open. That's where I find Ace, Jex and Colson sitting at the desk, watching the screen.

"Warning, it's fucking gross." Colson fake gags.

Making my way around the desk, I move my eyes to the screen and Ace presses play.

"This guy has been at the house with Farah, we don't know who he is just yet, but we'll find out. It was him who gave Farah the drugs, and it would appear he has been for some time." Jex speaks. "For the first weeks of footage there was nothing, it would seem any drug taking and everything else happened in the bedroom or bathroom, the only place I didn't have cameras, but in the last weeks of her life she seemed to care less."

As I watch the screen it shows Farah coming home, and she and the male having a fight. There is no sound only images, but I'm almost sure it's about me and Killen as I can lip read our names. It then shows the male showing Farah a box and he takes out a needle, she replies by nodding her head and the two of them head upstairs.

After finishing upstairs, the two of them appear downstairs once more, and it's here they begin to snort cocaine off the coffee table, before shooting up again, the male helping Farah before himself.

Once it's hit them, they begin making out and undressing each other, and it's apparent then how fake Farah's baby bump is. Standing she removes the bump and throws it on the floor, then straddles the males lap and they begin to make out harder.

"I'll skip now." Ace says as he fast forwards the footage at super speed.

"I'm going to be sick, hand me the bin."