pridelings, the battle royale

》○¤•□•¤○《

NORMAL POV-

_________________________________________

King T'Challa sat beside Nezu as they watched the Sports Festival ready itself for another round.

"Your daughter is incredibly agile, I see." The mouse bear happily sipped his tea. The Wakandan king chuckled. "Of course. She loves a good competition. She may have not reached first place, but it proves that there can be many other opponents stronger than her. Maybe she can learn from this."

"Interesting. I would have assumed you wouldn't let her come to UA in the first place."

"At first, I did. The tribal elders have been ranting her that she wasn't ready for the throne. It bothers her a lot, but I believe she is." T'Challa aired passively, spotting his daughter standing beside Shouto Todoroki.

"Which brings me to my next question, Your Majesty," Nezu placed his cup and saucer aside. "Ms. Udaku and Mr. Chizuko. Is there a reason for them here?

Or is there something that Director Fury does not wish for me to know?"

...

_________________________________________

"FIRST PLACE IS WORTH TEN MILLION!"

And just like that, Midoriya's moment of glory was short-lived.

After winning first in the race, it was established that the first 42 students to reach the finish would be assigned points in the next round. And being at 10 million points made him easy prey.

A survival of the fittest with a chance to overthrow the top! That's what everyone was thinking.

Thembi was in 2nd place while Nala was around 8th place with Yaoyorozu at 10th. Mineta greedily steals the 9th-place seat.

Speaking of the devil, the leopard teen lastly made his way back to Yaomomo with a bottle of water in his hand while Midnight was explaining the Calvary Battle rules.

"Oh hey, I see Mineta finally got off you." Momo smiled as she accepted his offer for water.

"Yeah. He and I had a little talk. Though. I'm not sure I got through to him. My Japanese language still needs work." Nala nervously chuckled. "What did I miss?"

Minoru was last seen quietly shuffling under the crowd of teens, his whole body trembling as if he saw a ghost. Asui and Ashido looked over and saw the frightened short teen hunched away in fear but didn't bother to ask. "I wonder what happened with him..."