1 | a new(?) member

The Fairy Tail Guild Hall was the rowdiest it had been in years. Seven years, in fact. At the bar, the Fourth Master Macao Conbolt and Third Master Makarov Dreyar were conversing, the former get the latter updated on everything that had happened in the past seven years.

"I see." Makarov said, "So we've fallen quite far, have we."

"Sadly."

"I suppose that means we haven't gotten any recruits in the past seven years." Makarov said.

"Actually, no." Macao said, "We did get one new member."

Makarov quirked a brow.

"Really? Even in our state?"

"They didn't come from a lot, and the strength of our Guild didn't matter to them." Macao explained, "Which is good for us since they are our strongest member objectively. Though that might change since you guys returned."

Suddenly the bar's communication lacrima chimed. Macao turned to it and tapped it, answering the call.

"Master Macao speaking."

A hooded figure appeared in the lacrima.

"Hey Master." A slightly distorted voice said. "Sorry I'm in a bad area for connection."

"That's okay." Macao said, "Are you on the road?"

"Yeah. I'm on my way back." The figure said, "Anyways, is it true that the old members returned?"

"Indeed." Macao said, "You excited to meet them?"

"I guess. Is Gildarts around?"

This surprised the Third Master. Whomever this figure was, they were strange. And for someone who had never met Team Tenrou, it was weird to ask for Gildarts.

"Yes." Macao said, "How far away are you?"

"I'm approaching Hargeon. I'll be at the Guild tomorrow, I need to stop soon since my leg is acting up again." The figure said.

"Very well." Macao said, "Stay safe."

"Will do."

The connection ended, and Macao turned back to Makarov. Unaware to them, the call had attracted the attention of the other members

"Is that the new member?" Makarov asked, curious.

"Yes."

"So they're finally on their way back, Master?" Kinana asked.

"Indeed."

Droy grinned.

"So The Iron Demon is back in action?" Droy said, "This is interesting."

"The Iron Demon?" Gajeel questioned, "Who's that?"

"While you guys were gone, a new member joined four years ago. They're our strongest member and spend most of their time away on jobs, to help pay rent." Reedus explained.

"Really?" Natsu said, "I call first dibs on fighting him!"

Macao laughed.

"That'll be a sight to see." Macao grinned, "Well, they'll be back tomorrow. You can ask to fight them then."

"I'm all fired up."

The Guild divulged back to its prior conversations, and Makarov turned to Macao.

"So, is this Iron Demon an S-Class Mage?" Makarov asked.

Macao shook his head.

"We haven't held any S-Class trials since you guys disappeared. They definitely are S-Class material though, in fact, they got shortlisted for the Wizard Saints last year." Macao said, "The Council was hesitant about making another Fairy Tail Mage a Wizard Saint."