13 | long time no see

Su gave a sad smile as she looked among the beaten group. Their moods had been even more downcast, and she wished she could help them but she couldn't do anything to restore three months of lost time.

Oh, if only Ultear were here.

"The gap between my strength and Lily's had widened again." Happy muttered, tears forming in his eyes.

"You cared about that?" Carla asked.

"Even now, it's not too late! We can train like hell these last five days! All of you steel yourselves! We're not going to have time to sleep!" Erza announced, standing up.

"Erza's fighting spirit is on fire!" Gray gasped.

"Sounds good to me! I'm fired up about training like hell!" Natsu stood up.

"Good! All right, everyone follow me, let's start by running like hell-" Erza was cut off when a pigeon landed on her head.

"A pigeon?" Lucy asked coming closer to inspect the bird on Erza's head.

"Something's on its leg." Gray pointed out.

"It's a note!" Natsu said, untying the piece of paper from the birds leg. "Let's see..."

Su wandered over with Wendy and Carla as they crowded around to read the contents of the note.

"Don't tell me it's a love letter from Gray-sama?!" Juvia gushed.

"Not even close!" Gray snapped.

"It says here..." Happy began, holding the note in his paws. "Dear Fairy Tail, come to the broken suspension bridge on the hill."

Something lit up in Su's head, as she started piecing things together. She bent over slightly to look at the note, and her eyes lit up slightly as she recognized the handwriting.

No way...

"Who do they think they are?" Natsu asked.

"Yeah, I don't like how they're givin' us orders!" Gray agreed.

"What shall we do?" Wendy asked.

"It sounds fishy." Carla commented.

"I think we should go." Su spoke up.

"Yes, let's check it out." Erza agreed.

"But it could be a trap..." Levy said, trying to dissuade them.

"That's right! I don't think we should go!" Lucy added.

"We will know what it is if we go." Erza said, keeping her stance.

"Yeah! This is gettin' interesting!" Natsu agreed.

The group headed up the hill, lead by Erza and Su. It didn't take them long to reach the bridge the note described. It was completely destroyed, with only a few sad bits of the bridge still hanging on at each end.

"This is what they meant by the broken suspension bridge?" Erza said, looking ahead.

"The hell? Nobody's here!" Natsu huffed.

"Why are you so ready for a fight?" Wendy asked.

"What was it, just a prank?!" Gray huffed, obviously annoyed by them being tricked.

"I said we shouldn't come here, didn't I?" Lucy commented.

As soon as Lucy finished her comment, the bridge was magically prepared by a glowing golden light.

"What..."

"The bridge..."

"It fixed itself!"

"It's connected to the other bank." Gray said, looking at the bridge cautiously.