Chapter 3

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is February 22nd, 2021. Life...is kinda sucking right now but hey. When you're facing the mental health monster, hide behind your squishmallow collection. Coping. Good. Ok, anyways-

btw covid doesnt exist here and it takes place in 2020 so scheduling was never pushed back :D

One Week Later

Hi Y/n,

Thank you so much for accepting our offer to play Lady Loki; we are so happy to have you join the team! We wanted to let you know that we will be announcing your part in the show today at noon.

There's more info about shooting dates coming soon, but for now, just expect to start shooting in March. We'll probably bring you in for a chemistry test with Tom in a week or two, so here's his phone number in case you guys want to previously meet. Reaching out through Instagram probably won't work; that guy rarely ever uses it. 

1-603-413-4124 call it i dare you

Looking forward to seeing you soon,

Loki Production Team

Y/n chokes on her cereal, milk dribbling down her chin and onto the dining table. Anna pokes her head out from the kitchen. "Can you die on the floor? That's mahogany," she whines.

Y/n glares at her and tosses her her phone. Anna reads the email and squeals. "Yes! You're going to be famous, and get to meet the sexy Tom Hiddleston." She pushes herself against the doorway dramatically.

Y/n rolls her eyes and clears her dish. "It's noon in...3 hours. So I have enough time to panic."

Anna pulls out two bags of tea from the cupboard. "No. It means we have time for 3 cups of tea and Endgame."

Y/n grasps her chest. "My heart can't take watching Nat and Tony die again."

Anna begins brewing the tea. "With any luck, you'll actually meet Scarlett Johansson and Robert Downey Jr." Y/n leans against the counter, star-struck.

"I don't think so. I'm just the villain this season. I don't think I'd come back after this. Certainly not long enough to meet the main cast," she says.

"You never know," Anna shrugs. "Just wait until you read the scripts. Y/n's phone chimes. 

"Speak of the devil." Her eyes scan the email. "I just got the script!"

Anna almost drops the kettle. "Forget Endgame, we're reading this!"

\--/

After Y/n forwards the email to Anna, they sit on the couch quietly and read. Anna is apparently reading faster than Y/n, because she gasps and grabs Y/n's shoulder, shaking it violently.

"You're gonna give me whiplash, babe," Y/n jolts out.

"Sorry! But look! You're getting a cameo in Falcon and the Winter Soldier. It's gonna be the same scene placed into both shows. You're jumping different places and you accidentaly jump into their show. You're making a cameo in WandaVision, Spiderman, and Doctor Strange!"

Y/n's jaw drops, as well as her phone. "Oh my god. Seriously?!" Anna nods eagerly and shows her. "No way. No way. I'm gonna meet Sebastian Stan, and Anthony Mackie, and Elizabeth Olsen, and Paul Bettany, and Tom Holland, and Zendaya, and Benedict Cumberbatch! This is the greatest day of my life!" She gets up and starts running around the living room.

Anna grabs her arm and pulls her down onto the couch. "You will introduce me to Sebastian Stan. Ok?" She growls.

Y/n grins at her and nods, then kisses her cheek. Anna blushes and pushes her away.

\--/

The two girls sit together, their fingers hovering over the refresh button on Marvel Studio's Instagram page. "Ready?" Y/n asks.

"Ready," Anna confirms. They refresh the page, and sure enough, a brand new post pops up. It's Y/n's headshot over a black background, with the multi-font letters announcing the newest addition. Soon enough, the comments begin flowing in. She opens the comment section and looks at them.

Who?

Bestie I don't know who that is

Oh I think I saw her in a play once

Hey Marvel! It seems like this one escaped your drafts with the placeholders face and name on it. It's never to late to delete and place Eva Green in there!

yall are mean im excited for her

pick literally anyone else we dont know who she is

Y/n closes her phone and groans, curling up in a ball and grabbing a pillow. Anna rubs her shoulder and picks up the remote. "Howl's?" She offers in a meek voice. Y/n nods and sits up, leaning her head on Anna's shoulder. "Just wait," Anna says. "I promise it'll get better. You were cast for a reason." She hands her her mug of tea and smiles, kissing her temple. "I love you, bestie," she says in a sing-song voice, poking Y/n's side and elicitng a small smile and giggle from her.

They watch the movie in a silent lust for Howl. Soon, Y/n's phone chimes. She picks it up and looks at it. There's a text from an unknown number. The area code resembles one in...England?

Hi Y/n! It's Tom, your co-star. This sounds like a scam, I'm sure, but it's not. I wanted to text you before our chemistry test to see if you'd like to grab lunch or something? You know, whenver it's convinient for you.

He even sent a photo of him and his dog, Bobby. Y/n can tell this is real.

\--/

Tom's P.O.V

Hi Tom!

We wanted to inform you that we have casted Lady Loki! We decided to go with Y/n L/n. She's an upcoming star, mainly doing work on the stage, but wanted to expand a little bit. She's really talented and we think she's going to be a great fit. Here's her number if you want to chat.

618-625-8313

Loki Production Team

One attachment: y/nl/nheadshot.jpg

Tom opens the attachment and his breath hitches in his throat. She's...beautiful. He studies every curve of her face, and maps every freckle and dot. There's a dazzle in her eyes, one of brightness and a hint of mischief.

This was good casting.

And this next year is going to be much better than he thought.