Chapter Three

Becca was dropped to the hard, scuffed wood of the ships deck on her back, crushing her own bound hands and hitting her head against the surface only moments after the man who had been carrying her had brought her aboard. She let out a huff of air through her nose, wincing as the man with blond dreadlocks stood over her with a maniacal yellow smile, staring down at her. She immediately started shuffling her feet against the deck to push herself away, fear pouring through her eyes as she began to look around her.

She watched as the man in red took his final step onto the pine as two others that had been in her room started pulling up the slice of wood that was the gangplank. Surrounding her on all parts of the deck was no more than twenty pirates all wearing various amount of dirt and grime as they pulled on ropes attached to the sails, secured riggings, and shouted obscenities and orders all around the ship. There were three tall masts, one large mast against the forecastle deck, with a smaller one on top of that mast, and one more thin one closer to the back of the boat. There was an opening in the center of the deck, made of metal with doors that appeared like a cage where storage lay underneath. There were wooden barrels, crates, chairs, and ropes all over the ship. A buff pirate in dark blue pants and a sleeveless shirt, his head covered with a matching piece of fabric stood at the helm. It was exactly as one would imagine a pirate ship, which only added to the shock factor of the situation as Becca continued to panic under the cloudy London skies.

Her shouts for help were muffled by the gag in her mouth, only asserting her to heavy, panicked breathing as she turned over to try and get to her feet. As she got to her knees, the thick heavy boot of the blond dreadlocked pirate kicked the center of her upper back, sending her shoulder first back to the wooden floor of the deck. Huffing and giving a quieted shout of pain, her opposite shoulder was then grabbed as she was flipped to her backside, as the pirate dropped to his knees on either side of her torso, and pressing the flat of his knife to her left cheek. Her breathing only got heavier as she felt the ship begin to move below her, and the pirate grabbed her chin with his free hand.

"Better stay where ye are, miss. I don't want ye getting hurts without my permission." He sneered into her face, smiling evilly at her as she let out muffled screams, her eyes welling up with tears as she tried to escape her bonds and the evil face above hers.

"Oy, Noodler, man your station!" A deep, strangely accented voice shouted from a place she couldn't see, but it caught the attention of Smee, who quickly ran over to the girl still trapped underneath the filth of a man who was holding her down. She turned her head to make eye-contact with Smee as tears began to glide down her cheeks as the knife was pressed harder against her face.

"Get off of her, you idiot." Smee pushed the dreadlocked man's shoulder, and he let go of her face and removed the knife. "Captain doesn't want her getting hurt and he'll be sure to punish you once he hears about this." Smee threatened, and with an angry fit, the blond stood up and ran towards the front of the boat where he grabbed his ropes and assisted with the positioning of the sails.

"Here, Miss Wendy, sit up." Smee instructed Becca, who tried shouting through her gag that she wasn't Wendy, and to let her go as he pulled her upwards by her upper arm. Her efforts only thwarted because of the dirty rags that were disrupting her tastebuds with their filthy fabric, and Smee ignored the ineligible sounds coming from her as he started to drag her backwards towards the center of the deck where the gated storage lay on the floor as she continued to kick her legs. She watched the man in red ascend the stairs heading towards the large wooden wheel, stabbing his hook into the railing overlooking The boat continued to pick up speed as it rose higher into the sky over London, and Smee leaned her bound hands against where the metal doors lay. "Best try and hold onto this, Miss Wendy."

She turned her head back towards him, seeing the iron gates and Smee grabbing onto them himself. She continued to try and yell through the metallic taste of the rags, shaking her head and making every attempt to undo the ropes. She wanted to scream and explain that she wasn't who they were looking for, that they took the wrong person, she doesn't know what is going on, and she wants to go home. In moments her life was completely ripped from her, and she couldn't tell what was more overbearing, her fear or her adrenaline rushing through her veins. The harsh ropes dug into her skin every time she moved her wrists, and anytime she tried to shout her teeth and tongue just pressed into the rag stuffed in her mouth. She fumbled with the ropes, trying to locate a knot to untie herself and watched as the boat climbed through the clouds above London and into a second darkness of the night. What was happening around her was completely impossible. Boats can't fly, especially not at these heights. Pirates, well, these kinds of pirates, haven't existed for years and years. And she still couldn't comprehend why they took her, and why they kept referring to her as Wendy. What did Wendy have to do with--