Chapter Four

Niall and Peter continued in the direction of the ship, bustling in the morning hours with movement. As they approached, they heard the shouts of the pirates calling for Hook, alerting him of the presence seeking them.

Niall felt his chest tighten. The boat now appeared much bigger than it had before, but his estimates of how many were apart of this hellish crew were much lower than his original perception. While that was of some relief to him, he still remained concerned of the twenty or so who had made their way onto the deck of the ship, now shouting in chaotic choruses to "get Pan". Tinkerbell made laps around them, getting loud in her bell language before Peter caught her, whispered to her to get home, and she sped off across the water towards the island.

Hook opened the door to his cabin, and seeing Niall and Peter reached to his coatrack and picked up his red coat and hat, dressing himself as he crossed across the ship.

Niall and Peter remained mid-air, about twenty feet back from the rail of the ship over the water. Peter showcased an air of confidence and excitement, while Niall, still recovering in the physical and mental, was less so.

"Hookkkk..." Peter carried out. "I believe you have something that isn't yours!" He shouted, laughing in the air.

"Dude.." Niall said under his breath, Peter merely shrugging him off.

"Captain! You know the rules about stealing!" Peter called out again as Hook approached the rail.

"Why don't you come over here then and show me how to handle it." Hook threatened, grasping the railing with his hand and shaking his hook towards them. His face showed aggression, ready to kill, and when he made eye contact with Niall, his face calmed, shifting to a sinister manipulative view. "You." he stated simply, smiling as a crowd of pirates formed around him.

"Is that the one who busted ol' Noodler's jaw?" One of them shouted, and the blond man with dreadlocks turned and sneered back at him, showcasing the bruises on his jaw and face from where Niall had punched him earlier.

"Oi, what's he doin' 'ere?" The bald pirate marched to the front, raising his saber to point at them.

"Patience, lads, patience." Hook said calmly. "I'm sure he's had quite the journey and would just like to return home soon."

Niall felt a pit in his stomach, this demeanor was not one he had expected, but it was also not one he was willing to allow to pass by. He had a task, and he intended to complete it one way or another.

"Where is she?" Niall called out, and the group of pirates let out light chuckles.

"Lad, the girl is perfectly safe and is being well taken care of." Hook replied, still smiling. "She is perfectly able to return home with you."

"Then let me have her." Niall responded.

"Of course, of course..." Hook answered before turning back to a large man in all blue and a second in yellow and green. "Fetch her." He waved his fingers in the direction of the door leading to the stairs, and they turned and began walking to the door, glancing back between Hook and the two in the air.

"Cap'n," Noodler whispered. "What are you--" Hook raised his hand, indicating to the pirate to stop talking.

"You may have her back and take her home..." Hook started again. "On the one condition you hand Pan over to me, my boy."

Peter began laughing uncontrollably. "You'll never get me, Hook. If you knew that you'd be sleeping a lot better at night!"

Hook tensed, and his eye appeared to twitch before he called out to Niall again.

"What is your name, son?"

Niall paused, glancing back at Peter before answering. "Niall."

"Niall, won't you join me down here?"