Chapter 35

It is the day.
The first day of my university.

I am excited, nervous, jumpy, happy and... what nott!!

It was to open last week, but due to some reasons, our classes were postponed but finally the day has come!!!

When I returned that day to the room, Sherlie, my roommate wasn't here. Next day, the warden came in the morning and informed that Sherlie will be out for a week or two due to some family emergency. I swear I haven't been this happy before.

Imogen came to my room after breakfast, and I proposed the idea of why shouldn't we stay together, so she replied that we can but Sherlie and Canara, her roommate, they are the worst of enemies. Actually, they aren't enemies exactly, but it just something happened suddenly, and next day they were after each other's neck, trying to kill each other. Nobody knows what happened. And because there are no rooms empty, so there's no option other than swapping. Thus, Immy and I cannot share a room.

Putting my bag on my shoulder and checking my outfit again, I come out of the room and lock the door. Immy was already waiting for my at the gate. The university is forty minutes away, by walking, so we boarded the metro and after fifteen minutes including the five minutes walk, we reach the university.

Huge black gates opened, giving the view of the enormous castle like old building in distant. The concrete road leading to the campus was so beautiful that I couldn't take my eyes off, even when I have seen this before. There were so many people coming inside but I could hardly breath due to the overwhelm having high tides inside. Just have taken a step inside the gate, my phone rings and I stop looking at the screen

"Where are you?" Manik asks as soon as the call connects.

"On the gate, why?" I ask.

"Stay there, I'll reach in two minutes." He says and quickly disconnects the call.

Exactly one and a half minutes later, I see him coming with his bag hung on shoulder. Red jacket, specs and headphones.

Damn.

Someone help me take my eyes off him.

"Good morning!" he greets and looks at Immy. "Hello Emoji" he smirks.

"It's Imogen!" she replies with a sickly sweet smile.

"Whatever!" Manik says and pulls my hand, and we enter the college together.

My phone pings and I receive a message from Charlie.

'All the very best heroineee! I love youuu <3'

I laugh and show Manik the message he smiles. He shows me Palash's message telling the same.

"Manik look here" I take a selfie of us.

Moving ahead, I update the picture on Instagram with,

~It took me forever to reach here, but forever is worth everything. Aiyappa bless us.