Chapter 24 (Part- 2)

Boards got over, like finally. I came home and threw all my books in the old cupboard upstairs. I freaking don't want to see them at least for a month. I freshened up and thought I would feel good, my heart felt heavy. It was heavy because I let a big-big part of my heart bury in a place I would cherish forever. Not for the friends I made or for Manik, but because I grew up there, literally. I became a person who could now talk to anyone I would want, also swears, from a silly naïve girl who was just uselessly shy. I didn't know when the stream from my eyes flew more as I turned the pages of the school yearbook of the past five years, spotting everyone for the 10000th time. Pictures from Annual Day, Sports day, Bal Mela and not forgetting class photographs. When that time I had tough time controlling my laughs, today controlling my sobs. I went into deep sleep turning the pages and re-opening the memories, polishing them and putting back safely as if porcelain dolls.

In the third week of March, I had to go to Delhi. I called all my friends one day before at a café where we spent two hours with non-stop playful bickering. When the time came, with a heavy heart I came home and slept. I had my flight next day early morning, so I had to wake up early. Daddy couldn't accompany me to Delhi because he had an urgent meeting so it was the first time I travelled alone. Can you believe it? I always wanted and though just for an hour, I lived it. I'll cherish this forever. As soon as the flight landed, I called Mom and informed her. I felt nervous, I felt new. It felt like a new beginning. Coming out and picking up my luggage, I carefully do everything as told by Daddy. I move towards the exit to see my over-excited Nanu and Nani waiting with colorful decorated boards which yell 'Welcome Kanna!' and other 'Titli Murthy'. Yes, my nickname, Titli- butterfly.

Nanu and Nani are the most adorable couple I have seen. My Nani is soft, cute and sweet as a big ball of cotton candy where Nanu is thin as pretzel sticks, not practically, lol. Churros would be a better comparison.

I go and hug Nani where Nani's squishy-wooly body seems to bury me and Nanu kisses me on my head. "I missed Titli so much!" Nanu says and I hug him.

"Let's go home, Ishu veetla irupa. Ava unakaaga neraiya sapadu pani iruka!" Nani says excited. "Because of you, I'll also get good food." Nanu says sighing and I laugh.

"You won't" Nani says and Nana looks at me with hopeful eyes. Being wife of a doctor has some cons, that too when you are diabetic.

"Today I'll let you, I'll manage Nani" I say laughing and Nanu beams. Cutie.

Shaking my head, I pick my luggage but a voice or a shout somewhere far shouts grabs my ear. Nanu-Nani have moved ahead.

That voice was familiar. That voice was something I can even hear in the crowd, now really.

Searching in the crowd, I look everywhere too see a thousand stranger faces.

I know that voice!

I narrow my eyes and look again to see him, my heart... and I find him. The owner of the familiar voice and also my heart,

Manik

running towards the see security check post.

FREEAAKK!!

Voila!! What nowwttt!

He is now right in front of my eyes but still far away from me.

"Manik!!" I call loudly but he is near the check post but stops and turns back.

"Manik!!" I say again loudly waving my hand where suddenly my whole body freezes. I can see him looking here and there but his eyes don't pass me. He looks at his wrist watch and panics. He looks up again, scans the whole crowd and runs inside.