Chapter 18

Well not completely okay but somewhat healed, I started to be back to my old self.

I started focusing on my studies and participating in activities, resulting 85% in half yearly, yey! And for a change a Shikhar is nowhere to be seen and the talk that he has proposed me has spread in the whole middle as well as senior school. I never knew that I was so famous. It feels so good no? I feel like a celebrity (lol). You guys know, Shikhar has turned into a devdas personal and those girls who used to drool over him are sulking for that (lmao) and they say that I am blind to reject him, like seriously!? He is in no comparison to Manik ok, My Manik is the best!! (oops *face palms*)

I got a major shock when somebody I heard a few girls talking about Manik and how abruptly I have changed. Well, he is infamous in senior school, as I told before *rolling eyes* but he doesn't gives a damn about you people! *flips hair*

But,

My heart break, was it that obvious?

Though I have heard people saying that my emotions are always at display but this is awkward.

Well, Manik came to school.

Yes.

He came to school to meet everyone but my bad, my bus came late that day. *heart breaks*

I came to know this by a few gossip girls who were talking about him and trust me my heart beat raised listening to them. Running, when I came to class, there were hooting and clapping and I smile unknowingly.

"Toh aag dono taraf barabar lagi hai!" Cabir says teasing and I smack his arm.

"Shut up!" I cannot do anything. Whenever there is this 'Manik' in talks, I blush and I can't help it. Its better to cherish what we had than to sulk on what is gone. I had a precious bond with Manik and it is irreplaceable. I love to cherish the bond we had.

My eyes widen when Dhruv said this-

"So BHABHI, how are you?" Yuck! That is so pathetic and cheesy! I run behind him and he runs away.

Pushing Mukti to a corner I ask her what actually happened.

"Arey, Manik came in the morning to meet you. And he confessed that he misses you!" she says pulling my cheeks.

How I wish I could have seen him! *extremely sad face*

A week later, it was my birthday, As soon as I entered the class after morning prayer (I was called by a teacher, so I came late) the whole class shouted 'Happy Birthday Nandini' and trust me I got startled for a moment, but yeah, minutes after that a senior teacher came and we had to stand out of the class with hands raised up. Class 10th were having their test and they were getting disturbed by us. It was getting tough to hold our laughter because of the silly reason. I have the best people a person could ever get as friends. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH.

I didn't participate in Bal Mela this year, because first, I didn't want to and second I had to go to Nana's place. But I took part in Annual Day. I was in the choir group and we sang the song like 'Live while we're young by 1D' and three more songs. It was tough to make Principal Ma'am agree to sing other than the school band, but it would be safe to say that Aisha Di of grade 11-Sci who was also one of the position holders, her charm worked well. Nobody wanted to sing Jai Ho and other choir songs which is repeated every damn year by the school band.

One Direction is the best band ever! Zayn is so cute! *kissy face*

BUT, not more than Parth Samthaan! Samthaan is the cutest, hottest, bestest, sexiest, handsomest and all sort of praising words with 'est' as suffix.

Don't you guys think Nandini should forgive Manik? I mean he is pleading to her, and all he did was just because of his friend Dhruv! I hate that moron, I hate Utkarsh. That jungle scene was so ethereal. I actually thought they will kiss again. And the dialogue- "Not from the punch to the kiss, but from the punch to the punch!" Niti was so powerful. And Partho baby was so determined when he was standing in the hostel with guard uncle. 'Stole toh sirf bahane tha, haina?' and then guard uncle nods. Haayee! My poor heart! He looked so HAWWTTT in that red shirt and... (I think I was telling something else, *rubs the nape**nervous chuckle* I get lost with the flow when it comes to KYY! That show is soooo goooood!!!!!!)

So,

One more incident from Annual Day.

I and Alya were in the green room after the performance. Mukti and Radhika were in dance and they were dancing on 'Bumro-bumro'. Soon they were called for last minute practice and we couldn't see as participants were not allowed to go down. We wished them and they left. A few of our choir group members were singing 'Love Dose by YoYo Honey Singh'.

Lagdi mainu jiven ambraan di queen
Meethiyan gallan kare, kudi namkeen
Patla ja lakk tera, lakk nu sambhal ni
One in the million lagdi kamaal ni

*Sorry, but I love this song*

As I was singing with them, Alya got a call and then she got busy in that. Suddenly she said-

"Nandini? Oh she's here! Wait.."

"What? Who's on the call?" I ask

"Cabir. SOMEBODY was praising you" she stresses on the word 'somebody'

"Who somebody?" I ask.

"Guess, Cabir somebody is getting restless" she says to him.

"Alya tell na!" I chide.

"Manik has come and he said you sang beautifully! Want to talk? OH MY GOD! She is blushing!" Alya laughs and I leave from the class. I am still not in the phase to talk to him. If I'll talk, then all those memories will come back and I have tried very hard to forget all that.

"She went away. Say bye to Manik. I'll meet you later" I hear Alya as she ends the call.

When the function got over, Cabir came to us and hands me a chocolate saying "Manik gave this." I suddenly blush and my hands turn cold. Inhaling a deep breath, I decline. "No thank you so much, but I cannot take it."

When I was in the car and was leaving, I see Manik. After almost nine months. He has grown a bit matured, he is wearing a black t-shirt with a jacket. I see Cabir returning him the chocolate and he made an expression, I couldn't see much. There was a lot of rush outside the school and he vanished in the crowd.

I wish to meet you soon.

_______________________________

A/N: Only I know how I have written this part. I don't feel good now. 

Parth, please get well soon.

I hope this update bought smiles on your faces after all what happend today.