Chapter 11

So finally I get rid of my shitty book cover. Thank you weirdosaurs for coming to my rescue and giving such an awesome cover!

 Thank you weirdosaurs for coming to my rescue and giving such an awesome cover!

 I can't thank you enough❤️❤️❤️

____________________________________________

Two days to go for Bal Mela.

Everyone is very excited. Me and all my friends, we are putting up a stall of soft drinks and games. As it is our first independent stalls experience because till grade 5th teachers were there to assist, there are daily practices and rehearsals of how to deal with public. I and Alya are given the task of poster making and decoration while the boys took the responsibility of buying and bringing stuff. We split our group into two stalls, one of girls and other of boys who will help each other simultaneously.

Today is Manik's birthday.

And he is annoyed with me because I didn't wish him at first place. *rolling eyes*

Cabir wished him before I could and Manik got upset. Since morning he is behaving like a heart broken puppy and is passing taunts at every word I speak.

"Manik?"

"What, Ms. Heartbreaker!"

"That's such a creepy name!" *flat face*

"At least less creepy than what I heard in the morning. Weren't you supposed to wish me at first place? When I thought I would hear you, Cabir came and kissed me on my cheek! How horrifying!" Manik complains almost on the verge of crying and I burst in laughter.

"You think this is funny?" he asks annoyed.

"No-no, not at all. This is hilarious!" and I laugh more.

"You are... are... Ms. Heartbreaker Murthy!" he says and leaves the class stomping his feet. He can't be more cute than this! Picking up my notebook, I follow him.

Shastri sir was teaching some hindi musical notes and their reference to history. The class was supposed to be boring and it is, no doubt. Fifteen minutes and the class will end but Manik is still annoyed. I need to do something. I call Cabir and whisper something in his ears and Cabir's eyes shine in excitement.

"You are a rockstar!" he squeels lowly and gets up to go to Shastri sir. Cabir tells something to Shastri sir to which he smiles and nods.

"Manik, go and fill this water bottle" Shastri sir asks Manik and he gets up and goes out.

Fifteen minutes later when Manik returned he was shocked.

Cabir was sitting on the drum and Sahil held the guitar while Yash was on keyboard. All of us were standing and as he entered, we all clapped loudly.

Cabir starts the drums and others follow him.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you!"