Chapter 2: The Crow

A hooded women kneels on the ledge of a building, just patiently waiting during the gloomy night. She was actually watching a group of smugglers trading in high tech weapons for a mobster gang, outside of an abandon factory.

She sees a white limo driving down a street and passes through the gate that saids no trespassing. In the limo, the mobster boss who she was tracking down, opens the door, as he pulls out a lighter and lit's his cigarette in his mouth. The hooded women quickly draws out her grappling gun and swings towards the factory.

The hooded women lands on a metal crate quietly like a cat and jumps down to hide behind rusted barrels, eavesdropping on their conversation. The smugglers hands rifle to one of the bosses men. He checks out the gun and he then glances at a rusted truck.

He smiles and aims at the rusted truck to test its capabilities. He pulls on the trigger, releasing a plasma blast, vaporizing the truck down to nothing, "Impressive." the boss said, clapping his hands in joy.

"You got the money?" The smuggler asks.

"Yeah, I got your money." The mobster boss said, as his men hands him the brief case, "These weapons better be worth it."

Right when he was about to hand the smugglers the case, dark smoke covers the whole area, blinding their sight. The smugglers and the bosses men draws out their pistols standing close to each other.

As they stand back to back they hear the screams from the men in the dark smoke. They watched their comrades disappearing one by one in a flash and shaking in fear.

"I-It's the moving shadow, The Crow!" the men panicked.

"Quit your squirming!" the boss told him,"Do not let your guard down."

In a swift, the man gets dragged into the dark smoke and gets knocked out by the hooded women. She then hears the sound from the same weapon that vaporized the rusted truck.

"Put your hands up where I can see them and turn around."

She complies, putting her hands up and glances over shoulder to see the mobster boss aiming the rifle at her.

"I said, turn around." He says again.

She turns around showing her full figure, but her pitch black suit still made it very hard for the mob boss to see, since it is very dark at night.

"So your the so called "moving shadow" or "The Crow" I've been hearing about in the underworld?" He said, "Hmph... the way you took out my men, were all tactics like an assassin. And here I thought you were actually a meta-human, but you're just a human, lurking in the dark. Killing you should boost my reputation."

Mobster boss charges the rifle and smiles. Finally, killing the myth to boost his reputation.

"You know, you should never boast your own ego in mid battle." She said.

He was then shocked by electricity and fell on the ground laying on his stomach-flat. The Mobster boss looks up at her in one last attempt to shoot her as she walks towards him, but his mind started to blur and soon after he blacked out.

The Crow gathers the gang up and ties them together. She then hears the sirens coming her way which was the police of Sorrow City.

The police she called before engaging the smugglers and the Mobsters gang. She grapples to the nearest building as well as taking the high tech rifle for further inspection.

"Where did you buy such weapons like this?" She mumbled to her self, "It doesn't look like its from any military."

As she inspects the rifle, she suddenly threw a shuriken star at something watching her in the dark.

"Woah! Hey! Watch out Elsie! You almost stabbed the wrong guy!"

"What are you doing here?" Elsie asked, him furiously, "I could've killed you!"

"C'mon, we both know something like that won't kill me as if I be taken out like that." He chuckled.

"What do you want Chase..." Elsie asked, him again.

"Well, Xander called me and-"

"You can tell him forget it... I am not joining his little project," She scoffed, away from him,"I have other important manors to do."

"Hear me out, I'm not thrilled about it either, but the situation we're in is important." Chase explained, trying to get her to listen.

As she ignores him and about to leave, a wing creature swoops her off the tall building and flies away with her. Elsie starts to grapple with the wing creature, causing them to crash onto the another roof of a tall building.

She looks up and sees the winged creature holding the rifle she was inspecting earlier. As she's gazes at the creature, it starts pressing a few buttons as if it knew how to operate it.

She tries to get up, but her ankle got sprained when she crashed landed with the winged creature. She is so stunned at the moment that she can't even begin to react because of her sprained ankle, while letting the winged creature to charge the weapon.

Right when it took aim on her, Chase came up from behind, blinding its field of vision with a white blanket he picked along side the buildings. Chase leaps towards her and grabS her out of the way, right as the creature blindly shoots the spot where Elsie was.

Chase runs and jumping building to building to distance themselves from the creature, as he carries Elsie like a princess.

"This is exactly what Xander called us for." Chase told her,"Apparently, there's going to be an alien invasion, and additionally they're called Torkxins."

"Do you have any ideas of how we can take them down?" Elsie asks, him as she grins her teeth, feeling the pain on her ankle,"Like any weaknesses as such?"

He thinks for a second and tells her,"Yes... follow my lead."

The Torkxin flies around above the buildings, looking for the two people, while readying its rifle to kill them. The Torkxin then sees Elsie exposing herself, making her very vulnerable.

It flies towards her as its charges its rifle and takes aim. Elise steps back as she limps of her sprained ankle.

"I'm the bait. You're the prey. And he's the Predator." She mumbles to herself.

Chase dashes out of the shadows and pierces both the thin wings, causing the two to fly pass Elsie, free falling on the side of the building. She looks over the balcony and sees them laying flat on the road.

She grapples on the ledge and safely descends down. Chase gets up as he sees Elsie limping towards him. The moans from the Torkxin gains its consciousness.

Elsie grab ahold of the Torkxin by the collar and interrogates it,"Why are you here? What are your objectives?"

"Fooorrr... Queeeennn Anthemis." It croaked, as it activated small bombs behind its second pair of arms.

Chase sees this and swiftly pulls Elsie away and then jumps very high to reach the ledge of the building. The small bombs vaporized the Torkxins body within seconds, leaving nothing behind.

"So... do you still refuse to join his "little project? Elsie?"