Chapter 8: Mutated Physiology

In the old ruins of the Ancient Doric style Greek Temple embedded on the side of Mt. Olympus. Two Torkxins were standing near by a blocky deck holding their rifles and guarding the entrance of the Temple.

One Torkxin guard let out a big breeze through the cold temperature in the air as the cold air smolders the others face. The other guard was a little annoyed, but shrugs it off and awaits further orders from their queen.

A portal forms and opens in front of them. Skyzrix comes out of it along with three candidates who volunteered.

The guards stood up right upon his arrival. Skyzrix gestured his head towards the doorway, telling them to follow him down that path.

Voriks was inspecting and made little clicks to get the machine working. Queen Anthemis also assisted to get it working as well as she is feeling very vexed.

She turns around to see Skyzrix had gathered the three candidates from there outpost. However, he was already riled up.

So he pulled Queen Anthemis by a corner where they both can talk in private.

"This wasn't the deal, Anthemis." Skyzrix said, snarling at the queen,"You said it'll be ready if I brought you, your volunteers and I will be the first."

"And you will." Queen Anthemis snapped back, as she swayed her arm away,"But, that is not the true reason why you pulled me here? Is it? No one would never had come up with such an irrational excuse like that."

"What are you talking about!?" Skyzrix retorted.

"If recall, you abandoned us for your own selfish needs."She reminded him with a demeanor frown,"So don't get fussy with me. And you better watch your tone."

"Your not making sense. Just get straight to the point." Skyzrix said.

"Point is—you abandoned your people—me— and your hatchling..."She said.

Skyzrix pause at the moment. He sank in that one particular word she said. Hatchling. He thought.
"Where is-"

"Now you care?" She asked him, with such a manner tone,"Its not like you knew, however you don't need to worry. She is under my wing."

"She?" He mumbled softly.

"Yes... she..." She teased him with the same word.

"Where is she Anthemis!?" Skyzrix demanded,"I want to see her."

She hissed at him,"Listen closely! I want to be clear on two things and you will comply. One you will never speak to her or track her down. Two, I am your Queen, our people's last hope! So, you better know your place in my kingdom. Is that clear!?"

They both snarled at each other, but Skyzrix stands down and shrugs it off, knowing she speaks the truth. Earlier, he lashed out on his queen for a simple fact that his queen doesn't know how bargaining works with a bounty hunter.

But, that wasn't actually the true reason and he knew that excuse he gave out loud earlier wasn't clever.

He has been too comfortable isolating himself and abandoned the rest of his kind. All he had done in his life was chose the bounty hunter life in the cosmos and did high ranking bounties for crime bosses and people of the highest bidder for his selfish needs.

Skyzrix only came back crawling to his queen was simply because he promised a type of power. Not political power, but magical power as he described.

A certain power that was once on his now destroyed home world back in his youth as a young Torkxin. That is all he really came for. A power that could help him boost his reputation as a bounty hunter.