Chapter 3: The Phone Booth

You firmly hold the microphone and look out at the crowd.

"End climate change!" you yell, making the crowd erupt in agreement.

"YEAH!"

"Right on skinny white bitch!"

"WOOHOO!!!"

"Wow, they love you" Trudeau whispers tenderly in your ear. You both look out into the crowd and then turn in unison to leave the stage. He subtly grabs your hand as you enter the wings. His security team surrounds you as he begins to serenade you with his beautiful speaking voice.

"Wanna go get coffee? I want to go get a drink with you."

"Sure, why not?" you respond. You both walk through the narrow opening behind the stage and make your way to the nearest cafe.

"The Shitting Bean? That's an interesting name" you mumble to yourself

"The Shitting Bean? That's an interesting name" you mumble to yourself. You continue into the oddly named coffee shop and find a table. Justin pulls out a seat for you like the true gentleman he is.

"Wow, thank you Justin your acts of service and words of affirmation have brought me such pleasure"

"So what's your order?" he asks; you can see a smile forming behind his lips.

"Maybe I'll just get milk? I find it really refreshing, especially on hot summer days like this one."

"Okay my little kitty cat, I'll go grab you some" he says lightly. You smile, imagining getting to know him better. You and him would be like peas in a pod, two spider monkeys living harmoniously.

"MEowWww" your inner dialogue purrs at the thought of this.

You look around The Shitting Bean's interior and breathe in the deep smell of coffee. The caffeine fills your nostrils and you feel at ease. Scanning the room, your eyes land on Justin. You see him grabbing the cups from the cashier and he starts to head back to your table. Your eyes meet and you can't help but smile. Caught in a daydream you don't even realize a voice is calling your name.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Justin questions; hovering over you like a piece of armour.

"Absolutely! Do you have my milk?" you ask, fixing your gaze on him.

"Milk's right here! Hope I got your order right."

His eyes light up as your hand reaches for his, the milk is cold to the touch. You shudder. The thought of this experience would have never crossed your mind. Your two most desired things; milk and men.

"Your hand is warm" he laughs and strokes your left thumb as the cup of milk transfers from his hand to yours.

"Wanna go outside for a breather?" he asks, still eyeing your hand. You think he wants to hold it. And wait, are those butterflies you feel? It feels like you're binge watching your favourite movie series, The Twilight Saga, for the first time. You both walk outside and stand on the sidewalk.

"Thank you Justin. I had a really nice time today" you say as you scan his body language.

"The fun's not over yet Y/N" Justin laughs. "There's one more place I want to show you!"

The two of you stroll side by side down Main Street for what seems like hours until the sun starts to go out of sight. All the while, your fingers touching in an attempt to hold one another's hand. The tension is strong, but somehow you still feel so comfortable with Justin. Everything is just so natural.

"We're here" Justin says.

"What is this place?" you ask looking at what seems to be an old telephone booth right in front of you.

Justin smirks as he explains to you, "In my trip to London last spring they had hundreds of telephone booths just like this one on just about every street. Most of the booths were occupied by couples who were falling in love."

"Maybe we could go there sometime," you suggest, feeling daring.

"To London? He asks, inching closer to you.

You nod.

"What if we could have what they have? Right here. What if we didn't need to travel."

Just as soon as you understood what he meant, Justin had already pulled you into the booth with both arms wrapped around your waist and his warm breath on your face as he leaned down. Both of your eyes meet.

"What do you think?" Justin says quietly, his lips right across from yours.

Leaning in, your lips embrace in a passionate kiss as he reaches for your leg and lifts you off the ground. Your heart is racing ten times fast as your kiss becomes longer and longer. You feel as if you could stay here forever with the fluttering feeling in your chest as you realize what's happening. Justin lifts you onto the booth railing and holds you up with his strong arms as the kiss comes to a stop. Both of your lips slowly pull away from each other and you can feel each other take a deep breath. The atmosphere of the booth grows cold as your bodies peel apart and Justin lowers you to the ground.

"Wow." you say, out of breath.

"You are really a natural Y/N, I mean it. I've wanted to kiss you since I picked you out of the crowd at the Climate Change Rally. " Justin says, his eyes fixed on your lips still.

He reaches his hand for yours and you grab it and give it a squeeze. As you both walk hand in hand down the Main road, you reminisce about your first lip to lip encounter. Every few seconds, you catch one another staring and he smiles at you like you're the only person in the world. 20 minutes of walking later you arrive at your front doorstep. You hold on to one another not wanting to leave.

"Thanks for today." you say softly, not wanting to ruin the mood.

Justin leans in and presses his lips against yours, he holds your hand tight as you embrace each other in a soft kiss. He says nothing. And he doesn't need to. You already know you'll see him again. Your hands slowly pull apart as you head towards your door. When you look back, he's still standing there with an adorable grin plastered on his face. Reaching for the door knob, you enter into your little one floor home after your eventful day. As you close the door, you slide down onto the floor hugging your knees. Your smile won't leave your face. Just as you think everything is perfect, you open your phone to thank him once more. Your face falls as you realize you never exchanged numbers.

"Oh fudge" you say and start to panic.