Chapter 1: Introducing Daddy

It's 8 am and you're getting ready for the climate change protest that your friends are dragging you to, "Why do I have to go to this stupid thing anyways, the boomers already killed the earth and there's nothing we can do to change it."

"Y/N you never know, maybe you'll stumble upon some hot activist dude. You've been so down since Stephen broke up with you."

You throw your hair up into a messy bun and look in the mirror. Your friends made matching shirts for your group and you paired it with some Levi's shorts and doc martens. "Guys, I'm not going to hookup with some random dude I met at a protest. They're probably all pot smoking hippies anyway."

Once you arrive at the protest, things are a little hectic. "Guys, why are there so many cameras? Is there like a famous person here or something?"

"I don't know Y/N!" your friend says aggressively. In your head you think 'why would she drag me all the way here just to be mad at me? I'm already so over this.'

"I'm going to go grab some snacks from the food truck over there", you say as you reminisce about the familiar taste of hot, salty, doughy pretzels. Those were Stephen's favourite. You begin to imagine the smell of those scrumptious, delectable pretzels and it brings back memories of when Stephen broke your heart at the carnival on a chilly October evening. "Damn you pretzels!" you say as you realize a few tears have escaped your hazel eyes. A peppery sensation fills your nose but you hold back more tears.

After paying for the pretzels, you head back to the spot where you last left your friends. All of a sudden someone slams into your shoulder and you fall to the ground. The small pebbles from the street embed into your knees and your head bashes on the concrete. "What the hell?" you exclaim, filled with anger and frustration.

"I'm so sorry young lady" the man that bumped into you says. You look up and your eyes meet. You're instantly immersed in the dazzling blue ocean that is encased in his eyes. His hand reaches out and pulls you up from the ground. His strong, veiny arms have a firm grasp on your dainty, freshly manicured hand. 'Who is this man?' you think to yourself 'and why does he look so familiar?' My oh my, you would soon find out.