20

One Year Later.

Standing against the window in the small room, I'd been lost in my own thoughts. This past year, so much had changed. Micah and I had purchased our own home, on the outskirts of the city on a large plot of land. I'd spent my days between base, helping the healers and working on improving my own skills. The other part of my day was spent in the gardens. I'd started growing my own medicinal herbs, including dragons blood. I offered as much of it as I could afford to give away to the healers, and when local townspeople had come to ask if they could pay me for other herbs I'd grown, I'd decided then and there to expand. The back yard was full of gardens, each growing certain flowers, fruits and herbs. I'd opened it to the community, free for taking whatever they may have needed.

In return, they helped re-plant and expand further, and as a community, we were able to launch more and more throughout the different divisions of Taevas. I'd had only one non-negotiable request; That each one placed across the city would be named the 'Thea Community Garden'. It was one of my most humble ways to honor her memory after she passed only a few short months after battle.

She'd grown ill, and once they'd figured out what it was, by then it was too late. I'd held her hand as she passed away. She asked me not to cry for her, as she was finally going home to her son and my father. Right before she passed, she kissed my hand and told me she would always be with me. We honored her by burying her in the Taevas memorial plots, and she was given a hero's burial for her work in the battle.

Micah had been my rock through it all. Every nightmare that woke me, he was there to soothe me until I could sleep again. The nightmares fell few and far between, now that the Old One had securely held onto Lucifers' remaining soul half. He would never be strong enough to overthrow Heaven, and thankfully, we'd heard nothing since. Everyday for months had been a constant anxiety filled day, each hour passing slowly until we all could breathe peacefully.

A gentle knock at the door had me pulled out of my train of thought, as Evie stepped in. She offered me a happy smile, and I beamed at her in return.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her, noticing the way her hand fell protectively against her growing belly. She was in the last stages of pregnancy, and was due any week now.

"I should be asking you that!" she laughed, stepping closer to embrace me. She'd dressed in a soft blush one shouldered floor length gown, fitted against her waist, flowing around her stomach. Her hair, pulled up into a delicate low bun, and pinned against her neck. Small pearls had been woven throughout, giving a little sparkle to her locks.

"I'm ready" I said back, taking her hand in mine and squeezing. The next knock at the door had us both glancing over as Gabe stepped into the room and paused to look at his wife.

"Gods you look beautiful baby" he said as she blushed. He turned his attention to me, offering me one of his famous toothy grins. He was dressed in a soft cream suit, paired with a white shirt, and a sunflower in his buttonhole. He looked in credibly handsome and I couldn't help the smile tugging at my mouth. He leant in and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"You look gorgeous angel" he said before offering me his arm. "Ready?"

"I'm ready" I said, glancing back at the mirror one last time.

My wedding dress was something I'd been designing for months, thanks to the help of Annette. She'd styled me before, for the party that Egir had thrown for the gods. Shaking off the memory, I traced my hands down the elegant V-line shape that was symmetrical with the back. Soft tulle fell against my body in a snug fit that flowed out behind me in the train. The deep neckline allowed me to show off my mothers necklace. I touched it briefly before reaching for my engagement ring.

My hair, pinned half up, had been softly curled and small sunflowers had been braided into the twisted pinned piece in the middle. Stepping up to Gabe, I placed my hand in the crook of my arm. We stepped out into the hallway of my home, and down the stairs towards the rear of the house.

The civilians really knew how to throw a wedding celebration.

The first half of the lawn had been decorated with tables and chairs, dressed all in white with the exception of the sunflower centerpieces. We passed the small area where the dancefloor had been assembled, and through the shrubbery towards the soft sounds of an orchestra.

Rounding the corner, the isle had been strewn with white rose petals, and each chair on either side of the isle had been tied together with lavender and sunflowers. The backdrop was a stunning ring of wildflowers, all twisted and held together.

And there, waiting at the end smiling brightly, was my love.

Gabe held my hand tightly as we made our way down, Evie just ahead as my only maid of honor, as I was for her. Reaching the front of the isle, Gabe placed a quick kiss on my cheeks before handing me off to Micah. The love that shone brightly in his eyes was certainly reflected in mine.

The priestess who married Gabe and Evie had kindly agreed to marry us as well. She repeated the same prayers and blessings of the earth, and Micah and I each took our turns to recite our vows. We placed our wedding bands on one another, and the priestess blessed them too.

Before we knew it, she announced us joined in union as soulmates, and Micah pressed me to him, claiming my lips in our first kiss as husband and wife.

"I love you" I spoke, my heart finally feeling free, after all this time.

His answering smile made my body flush in response, through my heart and deep, deep into my soul.
Leaning in to touch my belly, a secret only the two of us shared, he replied;

"Until the end"

________________________________________________________________

THATS IT! She's done! I'm not going to lie, I did cry many times in the process of writing this book. It is the first thing I have ever worked tirelessly to complete and I have never been more proud of myself. Once I find the time to edit this book series completely, I am considering sending it to publishing agents to see whether it would ever be worth releasing.

Your support has meant more to me than anything in this world, dear reader.

I will love you all... Until the end! xoxo