XVIII.

𝚁𝙴𝚂𝙿𝙴𝙲𝚃

𝚁𝙴𝚂𝙿𝙴𝙲𝚃.

☯︎︎ ☯︎︎ ☯︎

      Denim sipped from her glass of Mourvèdre with grace. Before her, sat a plate of chicken Alfredo with a side of Cesar soup. Both remained untouched and due to the amount of time that had passed since they were placed in front of her, they were cold.

Denim's nerves were off of the hook. Knight King had kept his word. Before she knew it, Friday had arrived and she was accompanying him to Celiné's just as he requested. An hour had crept upon them and throughout the whole period, Denim had uttered less than twenty words.

Knight had yet to push her, he knew her past impacted her mannerisms greatly and because of that, he was choosing to carry the conversation and entire date himself. Denim intrigued him and for a man like him, that was rare. She had almost everything and everyone in this world telling her that she wasn't enough and that's not what he saw in her. Therefore, he was taking the opportunity to show her different. It would just take time, which is something he didn't mind.

"You're not hungry?" He motioned towards her untouched food.

Denim shook her head lightly while pushing some of her hair from out of her face. It was styled in a short bob cut with honey blonde highlights. She was dressed in a form-fitting, black and white Dolce & Gabbana bodysuit with Valentino light washed skinny jeans, and white lace-up Steve Madden heels. Her scent was strong and seductive stemming from Chanel number five perfume. Denim's face was lightly meshed with makeup, long lashes, and glossy lips. She looked amazing, even though she might've not felt it.

"Use your words love."

"No," Her voice croaked causing her to clear it, "I'm just going to take it home to go. Probably share it with my father."

"Al Brown, right? You look just like him."

"Most people say I favor my mother."

"That's probably because of your skin complexion. It's closer to hers. Most people associate similar complexions before they do with similar features. If I were to take a quick glance at you, I'd probably say the same thing but I've actually taken the time to take all of you in. You look like your father," He concluded.

Denim's breath slowly got hitched in her throat. This man was so attractive without even trying. The way he spoke so assertively was the sexiest thing about him. He could be telling her straight lies but the way that he grouped his words would have her believing every bit of what he had said. He was sure of himself and she admired that.

"So," She began, feeling her confidence rising, "I know a little bit about your family but which one of your parents do you favor?"