VIII.

𝙿𝙾𝚆𝙴𝚁

𝙿𝙾𝚆𝙴𝚁.

   ꧁꧂

       Dystinct's long thick legs led her down the slightly steep walkway. The extremely pricey 'Vera Wang' heels she wore; click and clacked against the stone faced surface—causing the Security Guard to look up from his post.

"Miss Lawson," He quickly stood from his seat and sent a hand across his wrinkled uniform,"How are you today?"

"The gate was open when I arrived," Her killer eyes ran along his frame until they focused in on his name tag, "Fred is it?" She raised a brow, "Can you explain to me why that was the case?"

"Your shipment just came, I was just about to close the gate back up Ma'am."

"Hmm," She deadpanned, "No need to shake in those tight ass pants Fred, just don't let it happen again. Got it?"

Fred clamped his hands together in relief,"Understood."

"Great," She smiled, "Open the door."

Fred moved to the side and grabbed the door knob, nodding his head as a way to say okay. Just as his wrist spun around the piece of sliver did his head spin off of it's shoulders and a heepage of blood splat out in following. The sound of his cranium meeting the porch floor caused a smirk to play on Dystinct's face. One of satisfaction that was.

"Damn it boss!" Bullet expressed from behind her. He looked down at his sneakers that were now soiled in blood and remains.

"He was jittery and barely maintaining eye contact with me," She pulled a cloth from out of her purse and wiped over her beloved machete, "A sign of weakness and someone who doesn't know how to lie. We don't need that on our team. Tell me something Bullet, do you fear me?" She looked over her shoulder.

"Only thing ta' fear in this life is God himself," Bullet preached.

"And did you see any delivery truck pass us by while we were making our way in?"

"No," Bullet ran his hands throughout his beard, "Now that you mention it...I did not."

"Exactly," She stepped over Fred's body, "He was a liability and now he's gone. You can't fear the person who feeds you, that makes you weak. You can't bite the hand of the person who feeds you as well because that? That makes you a bitch. These are qualities you don't possess which is why you're on my team. Understood?"

"Yeah man," He sighed, "I got it."

"Great," She pushed the front door open, "Call someone to clean this up and stand watch. I shouldn't be long."