bedwars, tooru

feb 14 2021

"bruh, [name], did you take my laptop again?"

she just laughed. "join me, yeah? you know you wanna play."

oikawa squeezed in next to her. "minecraft?" he asked.

"mhm, bedwars."

"what color—" she missed a block clutch, and oikawa burst out laughing. "absolute dog water, [nickname]. i look at you and think, wow. what a bad gamer."

the girl laughed, cuddling into his side. "shut up, tooru. you can't even tower without screaming your head off, because the team from the other side of the map can totally—"

he cut her off, catching her lips with a quick kiss. it tasted like sugar and honey, but don't tell him she fell in love all over again—she always did. 

there was a pause between them, and she said, "that didn't distract me, by the way."

"oh really?"

"really. i still remember what i was on about."

"and what was that, [nickname]?"

"you wouldn't get it."

"mhm, sure."

"no, really. you're too dumb."

oikawa laughed. "man, you talk to iwa-chan too much," he mock-whined. "at least you're not calling me any no-no words yet."

the girl flashed him a devilish smile. "yet."

he just grinned. "red's coming in hot. don't wanna die, do you?"

"i'd prefer not to." [name] returned her attention to the laptop, critting the player several times. she grinned. "killed them until they were dead."

"killed them till they were dead?"

"that's what i said, yeah?"

oikawa laughed. "touché."

he settled back, watching his girlfriend eliminate the yellow team. at some point, she started humming his favorite song—probably because he played it too much.

a soft chuckle slipped from his lips. god, was she cute.

"what?" [name] murmured, glancing at him. guess he drew her in, though, because she promptly got killed by someone.

she half-laughed, half-groaned, as she respawned in her base. "tooru, i lost, like, all my pots. and.. oh. half my ender pearls."

he just grinned. "what can i say? 'git gud,' i guess."

"shut up," she said, through a laugh. [name] retrieved some gold and iron from her enderchest, heading towards her trading villagers.

oikawa teasingly put his hands up. "my bad. sorry that you're just not as good at ga-ming."

"why do you say it like that?"

"like what?"

"like: gay. ming."

he burst out laughing. "it's exactly what it sounds like, love."

she smiled, but a dusk rose dusted her cheeks. the nickname love always got to her. "stop doing thatt, i swear you're trying to kill me."

"stop what?" oikawa said, as innocent as he could. "am i being too hot?"

she laughed. "you're so narcissistic."

"only for you."

"and, you're such a bad flirt." she went to the tower of blue wool, block-clutching around it.

"it's because you make my brain turn too mush." oikawa reached over, playfully tickling her, and she squirmed, laughing. "be my mushy valentine, [nickname]?"

she rested her head onto his shoulder. "you know what? i have a deal, tooru."

"aw, my girl's growing up so fast. becoming an entrepreneur, are you?"

[name] laughed. "well.. my major is kinda business. but, how about this; if you can win against this last team, then i'll say yes. sound good?"

"what if i lose?"

"that's for me to know and for you to find out."

oikawa grinned. "fair enough. besides, i'm the best at this game. no way i'm gonna lose."

"yeah yeah." the girl laughed. "that's funny, coming from the guy who spent three and a half hours doing the mcc parkour course. you know they only give like—"

"shhh. ignorance is bliss, [nickname]." he reached over, taking the laptop from, ironically enough, her lap. she'd been standing afk on her iron and gold. "getting all sweaty on me, huh?"

"oh shut up."

oikawa laughed, putting some into his enderchest. he bought a better sword, then started heading towards the middle. "watch and learn."

"oh yeah?"

"yup. i'm just—"

"lime green's coming, tooru."

"lime green...? oh—that's the last other team, right?"

"yeah, their bed got destroyed, though."

"your bed has endstone, doesn't it?"

[name] laughed. "it does, 'cus i'm just that good," she teased.

"man. how do you take yourself seriously? you're a masked bunny," he teased, referring to her skin.

she smiled. "hey, lime has like a neon teletubby and a royal pig. and—look, mx. teletubby's twerking. and the pig, they're—um, they're kind of twisting their head around?"

oikawa laughed. "you're right, you're right. your cute bunny skin inspires so much fear, actually. i just look at it and scream. i go, oh my god it's so terrifying."

[name] giggled, nudging her boyfriend. "your bed got destroyed, tooru."

"oh."

"git gud?"

"already am."

"sure."

their teammate—a black and white tuxedo guy—nodded at them, then jumped off into the void. "what the hell," oikawa deadpanned, which made her laugh.

with that, he farmed more emeralds, not really noticing the lime player speed-bridging to him. [name] watched, suppressing a smile.

"so [nickname], watch. i'm gonna do the healpool techniqu—OH SHIII—"

[name] burst into laughter. "damn, you're at four hearts—the pig really just—" she broke off, laughing too hard. "it's gonna get you, tooru!"

"not if i run—" oikawa propelled himself off the ledge.

[name] was long gone at this point; rest in peace.

oikawa stared at the screen, then slowly closed it. "not rage quitting," he clarified. "i am just... strategically logging out. and never ever going on bedwars again."

"you suck," she managed.

oikawa finally laughed. "be my sucky valentine?"

she stood up to stretch, a content smile on her lips. "can i say git gud now?"

he sheepishly smiled. "i guess that's fair."

she leaned down to kiss him. honey and sugar. "git gud," she murmured against his lips. he stopped to laugh softly, before capturing her in his arms, kissing her deeply.

they pulled away, breathing heavily, and she rested her forehead against his.

"i love you," she whispered, her breath mixing with his. "even if you suck at minecraft."

he chuckled. "i love you too." a pause. "is that a yes?"

she laughed and kissed him again, more gently. "of course it is, you idiot."