TWO | DELIRIUM

II

DELIRIUM

─────────────────────

─────────≫♚≪─────────

KANG YEOSANG DID NOT KNOW MERCY.

The first time Min's eyes caught his was the moment she first thought that shadows could take human form. Even from afar, his eyes of obsidian flickered with a visceral hate, barely hidden behind a curtain of overgrown icy blonde hair. He did not lift a hand to fix it, maybe because he didn't care, or maybe because his fingers were still stained with blood.

He just scanned the growing crowd in a deceiving state of silence. His gaze passed over her for only a moment but it was enough for a chill to rush up her spine.

Kang Yeosang, child prodigy turned nightmare. First chair violin of the Newhurst Symphony Orchestra. A man from some of the horror stories about Newhurst University that Jisoo would tell her.

Yeosang was chaos personified. Cataclysmic, if the boy lying bloodied and bruised underneath the toe of his polished loafer had anything to say about it.

Kim Seungmin, according to the hushed whispers of students in the crowd.

The rogue violinist clicked his tongue, as if the spectators to the fight were only a minor inconvenience and not potential witnesses. He grappled Seungmin by his collar, threw one final punch to his gut, and watched him crumple to the ground cradling his stomach.

Min smothered a gasp with her hand.

If Juyeon danced like he was on fire, then Yeosang fought like he wanted to set the world alight and warm his hands with the flames.

He leaned over him and hissed out, "Try me again and see what happens. I dare you."

He rolled his shoulders and stepped over the limp boy splayed out on asphalt. The crowd parted for him as he left. No one stopped him. No one helped Seungmin, despite the shudder of his ribs, his pained gasps and grunts.

Suddenly, Min felt sick to her stomach. Her hands trembled and she could not tell if it was from her morning coffee or from what just played out before her.

She took a measured step forward before she realized it and a hand caught her elbow in a tight grip.

"What are you doing?" Kevin asked softly, eyes wide and shifty. His usually bright features were clouded with emotion.

The crowd was slowly dispersing around them, Seungmin ignored as though he was just a smudge of dirt on the sidewalk.

A strange feeling coiled its way around her throat. "This isn't right. Is it always like this?"