TWELVE | RENDEZVOUS

XII

RENDEZVOUS

─────────────────────

─────────≫♚≪─────────

YEOSANG WAS A MAN OF MANY FACES.

Min came to realize that Yeosang was not as good at abandoning his humanity like the others. It was a wild flame that licked at his eyes whether it be angry or languid. As much as he pretended to be emotionless, his eyes gave him away.

That photo, taken in secrecy, had done so more than ever. If she was being honest, it screwed her over as well. Because god she wanted to know what would cause him to have stared at her like he had in that photo. His face scrunched and eyes bleary, like the sky was falling apart around him.

He was afraid. That much was obvious. She didn't know if he was afraid of her or for her. She wanted to find out more than she should and could already feel herself being pulled into his gravity.

Her eyes stuck to him the moment she spotted him. He was astoundingly easy to find. A man like him didn't belong at Dailee's. Even in a simple black t-shirt and jeans, the bejeweled watch on his arm made it clear that he had the kind of money a scholarship student could only dream of.

A blocky pair of sunglasses were low on his nose, eyelashes peeking over the rim. The outdoor seating around him was quiescent and calm aside from the gentle ripple of a breeze ruffling his hair. At least he had enough sense to meet here. Other than the library, it was one of the few public places in the city that was isolated at this hour. Most NHU students would still be busy with class.

He was set at a glass table adjacent to the sidewalk, his gaze faraway and fidgety as it scanned the passing cars. All she could see was the tense curve of his jaw, his leg shaking beneath the table.

Minni approached, hood tight over her head and a fresh coffee warming her hands. No matter how much it steamed, the autumn chill seemed to build a home at the base of her spine. Her eyes were stinging and swollen, and she was late by ten minutes, but she did not have the pride or energy to care.

Yeosang wasn't the type to care about stuff like that anyway. When he saw her all he did was spare her a single look-uncaring and uninterested. He curled an eyebrow and adjusted himself in his seat, arms crossed.

"Finally," he murmured under his breath.

Min slumped into the chair across from him, not bothering to dignify his attitude with a response. "What do you want?"

"I need you to fix this," he repeated. He was bouncing his leg so much that wavering rings appeared in her coffee cup.

She sighed. "I can't. You know this."