• Afraid of Something •

Y/N's POV•

It was a fresh, new day.

The Losers Club and I decided to go to the Derry Fair for fun, and I suppose we all needed a break from the events that had recently unfolded.

We had stopped off at an alleyway to get away from the huge crowds and parade to chat.

"Hey, do you guys want ice-cream?" I ask, counting my money.

"Ooh! Yes please!" everyone else chirped and turned to face me excitedly.

"Right uh, well write down what you want and I'll get it for you." I say, handing Beverly a piece of paper and a pencil.

"Hey, can I come with you Y/N?" Stanley asked me, rubbing the back of his neck, nervously.

"Sure Stan" I shrug, thinking nothing of the situation.

As Stan and I leave for the ice cream shop, Bill lifts up a notice on the wall and Richie starts annoying band members in the Derry Parade, for god knows what reason.

"Hi there! Can we get (all the losers ice cream flavors). And then can I get (your favorite ice cream flavor)? Thank you!" I say to the cashier and she tells me and Stan to sit and wait while she makes our ice creams.

We find a nearby bench and sit down and enjoy the nice sunshine and simplicity of it all.

"Soo, Stanley. How's life?" I shrug, wanting to make conversation.

"Fine I guess. But this stupid clown is honestly getting at my wits end" Stanley sighed.

I nodded. "Stupid clowns, no one even likes them anyways" I huff which makes Stanley chuckle.

"Uh, Y/N? The ice creams you ordered are ready!" The cashier called and I cheered.

"That's us Stanley!" I cheer and drag him to the cashier, shaking his head in embarrassment.

I reach to take out my wallet but Stanley stops me. "It's on me" he says smiling.

"Uhh, no it is not" I argue.

"Yes it is" Stanley argued back.

"Ugh fine. But we split it in half!" I compromise.

"Fine by me" Stanley laughed and we paid.

"Shoot uhhh, how are we gonna carry all this?" I ask barely carrying Eddie's, Richie's, Beverly's, Mikes and my ice cream.

"Let me carry another Y/N" Stanley suggested.

"Are you sure?" I ask, seeing as he is already holding Bill's, Ben's and El's ice creams.

"It's no problem" Stanley laughs and we chat all the way back to the alley.

"Ice cream's are here!" I cheer at the others, who take the ice creams gratefully and say their gratitude.

"Th-thanks Y/N" Bill smiles, licking his ice cream.

"Where's Richie?" I ask, holding my ice cream as well as his.

"He's over there" Eddie grumbled, pointing to where Richie was goofing around.

I snickered and handed Richies ice cream to Eddie.

"Richie what in the world are you doing?" I ask, laughing.

"This dude is being difficult!" Richie whines. "He's not letting me play his trumpet!". I sighed and looked beside Richie at the poor trumpet player who looked pretty exasperated.

I laugh audibly and drag Richie away. "Sorry about this idiot" I say to the band member who nods at me and runs away from Richie.

"Rich, you're ice cream is melting, so hurry up" I say, "I paid for yours!" I grumble.

Eddie handed Richie his ice cream and Richie asks "What you guys talking about?"

"What they always talk about." Eddie rolled his eyes.

We all went to sit on a bench and Stan and I sat beside each other.

"We're a-all afraid of suh-something! What e-ever we are afraid of, IT transforms i-i-into it" Bill explained.

"Mike, what are you afraid of?" Beverly asks the boy.

"You know the alleyway with the house that burnt down? Well, my parents died in that fire. They were screaming for help and me... and I couldn't do anything about it. By the time the firemen got to them, their skin had burnt down to the bone" Mike sadly recounted and we all were shocked, and sat there silently.

"I'm sorry to hear that Mike" Eleven says and he nods.

"None of this is real, not Eddie's leper, or Bill seeing Georgie, or Y/N choking, or the, the woman I keep seeing" Stanley sighed.

I scooted over towards Stanley and held his hand, reassuring him it was going to be ok.

He looked at me and smiled but then his face fell again.

"She hot?" Richie snorted, completely ruining the vibe.

"No Richie! She's not hot!" Stanley snapped and Richies face fell too.

"Right, Rich. What are you afraid of?" Eddie asked him.

Richie looked behind him and said "Clowns" shakily.

"Welp..." I sighed.

"Guys, meet up at my house tomorrow!" Bill suddenly said without stuttering and mounted his bike.

"Why Bill?" I asked.

"J-just come at e-eight!" He said and we all nodded eventually disbanding.

*+*^ Question: Can you do the splits?

Answer: Yes ! I'm quite proud of it to be fair. I'm an elite gymnast and have won multiple awards and medals for national champion of my country. So, it would be concerning if I couldn't do the splits 💀