another transfer student?

Key:
characters' thoughts
saiki's thoughts (arrows will indicate who he's communicating to)
your thoughts

*

The class was rowdy, alive with chatter about the new transfer student. Each student was divided into their individual friend groups. Kaido, Nendo and Aren surrounded the desk of their pink haired psychic friend.

Good grief. We've had our fair share of transfer students, can't the author think of a more original trope?

I hope she's pretty. (classmate)
She won't be as pretty as me. (Teruhashi)
She'll fit right in! (teacher)

...

Wait.
Something's wrong.
Saiki could read the mind of his teacher approaching the classroom but he seemed to be alone.
Where's the transfer student? Who is he talking about?
The door slid open and the teacher walked in, following closely behind with the new student, you.

"Oh!" a gasp escaped Saiki's lips and he brought his hand to his mouth instantly, shooting his eyes to the floor to avoid eye contact with anyone. He would hope no one noticed, but he didn't have the privilege to guess. After all, he could already count the number of students who had heard it.

But the loudest thoughts shot from Teruhashi who was in disbelief as she deducted the possibilities and reasons as to why Saiki could have gasped.

Good grief. I admit she's quite pretty, but that's not the reason I gasped. None of my powers are working on her. Telepathy? No. X-ray vision? No. What else? I need to find out. She could be dangerous. I can't risk having someone else apart from Nendo that I can't read.

You introduced yourself to the class.