sorry is the hardest word

You stood outside his room, coffee jelly and a plastic bag filled with his favourite sweets in hand. Mrs. Saiki had let you in.
"Ku?" You knocked.
You heard a loud sigh from the other side of the room.
"Hi to you too."
You pushed open the door slowly, making your way in and closing the door behind you.
"Peace treaty?" you held up the plastic bag.
He looked up at you from his bed, annoyed. Then, he used telekinesis to take the treats out of your hand and into his lap.

As he ate, his face softened. You sat on the edge on his bed, your back to him.
I'm sorry, Ku.
...
I really didn't mean it. I won't give up. It was just at the heat of the moment. I love my life. I just- I'm sorry.
...
Ku, I'm serious. You turned around. He was gone.
"Ku??" You turned back around to face straight and there he kneeled, facing you at eye level. You jumped back in surprise falling back onto his bed using your elbows for support.
"Stop scaring me! I know you're doing that on purpose!"
I am. It's okay. Just don't think like that again. you
Not because I care but because it's annoying to see my efforts go to waste.
"I won't let you down, Ku!" you smiled.

The position you two were in had made your mind wander. Your mind always went to the most embarrassing thoughts without you wanting it to. This time, you imagined him pushing your hair out of your face, leaning in to kiss you, your lips almost touching before you shook the thought out of your head.
Stop it! Stop! He doesn't like you!
He stood up and brought his face away from yours. He became flustered, his heart rate matching yours. His face, of course, didn't show it. You sat up, embarrassed.
At least he can't see images. You thought.

"Ku. Will you get this over and done with?"
"Hmm?"
"You know what I'm talking about."
He did.
I just need to hear the rejection from him for closure.
Good grief.
"I don't like you back in that way. That's all you need to say. And I'll move on". He ignored you.
"Fine. See you at school." You stated.