are we getting closer ?

Ever since then, you've been spending time around at Saiki's every chance you got. You made sure not to fall asleep there again though and you always left in time to prepare your own dinner and dinner for your mother. You found yourself becoming closer to Saiki's mum than Kusuo himself. Or that's what you thought, considering he never displayed anything that made you believe otherwise.

You sat across from him, finding yourself glancing at him every chance you got.
I don't think I've ever felt this way about anyone.
As you sat in silence, you admired the way neither of you had the urgency to spark a conversation. A soft smile creeped its way without your permission on your lips.
The mutual understanding that neither of us have to speak to feel connected. If I could stay with you like this forever, I would.
The lead of your pencil broke, snapping you out of thought. The smile faded.

Oh, fuck. Please heavens be on my side. Please tell me he was too focused on homework to hear that.

"D-did you hear any of that?" you asked quietly, knowing the answer. The next thing he did caught you off guard. It wasn't the answer you had expected. He looked up from his work with a face of complete oblivion.
The 'clueless' face, I call it.
It would be hypocritical for me to involve myself with her when I stopped Toritsuka a few days ago for trying to do that same. Plus, I don't like her in that way.
Oh, thank god.

What Saiki didn't admit was that he was using Pyrokinesis to take the heat away from his cheeks into his hands.
It's not blushing. I'm just hot because the heater is on along with my pyrokinesis. Don't misunderstand. What she said didn't affect me at all.

You spent the rest of the night talking about Saiki's other powers.
"So wait, you're the one that pushed Hairo to me at the gym? And all this time I thought it was his super speed!"
"You're telling me that the gas did explode my house and you reversed time just after? That's amazing!"
He found himself almost smiling. Almost.
He told you about how he teleported the guys away to their worst nightmares while you howled in contagious laughter. He explained Psychometry from the time he touched your cheek as you sunk with embarrassment at your reaction. And so went your evening.