Dear Teenager, Are You Insecure?

It is safe to say that the majority of this generation's teenagers are or have been insecure about themselves whether it is mental, psychological, or physical. It's disappointing that the youths of this generation must feel obligated to look a certain way just to "fit in" or subjected to act or express themselves just like everyone else as not to stand out and look "weird." No matter how pretty or handsome you are, you will always feel insecure about the littlest thing. Instead of trying to turn that insecurity into a feature of uniqueness or something to boast about in confidence with some features that some might die for just to have on themselves but can't pull it off the way you do. The mass would rather often tend to divert their attention on their insecurities towards the negative side and make it worse on themselves by looking into the mirror by mocking and laughing at themselves for even trying to look like someone they are not. Why? why is there an urge to always do that? this society is based on judging and standardizing what is almost impossible to reach. The key information that not many among the bulk of teenagers know is that the modeling industry looks for the most unique features that stand out from the "basic" look. These insecurities can vary from body shapes to facial features that are either hard to achieve or impossible to change. Has anyone thought about why they have the body and face that they already acquire? Because every individual's uniqueness is what differentiates us from everyone else. If you have thick eyebrows and you thin them out a lot, it won't suit you because you were born to have the look that suits your face structure. unfortunately, social media talks about having the perfect eyebrows that apparently are assumed to fit everyone's face but in reality, it doesn't compliment everyone's face shape. Social media plays a crucial role when it comes to insecurities within teenagers because of all the posts that millions share every day. It is no surprise that some or most of these posts are either photoshopped or edited and face-tuned because as mentioned earlier, insecurity is a feeling we all endure. some more and some less. self-confidence and self-esteem are part of the insecurity sector. When we lack confidence, we can't do anything we like without feeling judged or mocked for. For example, eating in public or going out with a huge oversized hoodie because you don't like your figure or anything about yourself so you hide it all.