part 3

A sense of longing becomes overwhelmingly present when I am surrounded by all of these people. Have I always been unhappy? Or is it just now? All of a sudden, as if I should've seen it before.

Lili Reinhart

Hope never found Adelyn suspicious. But with what happened with Roman and his mom killing her mom and all of the monsters coming out of the Malivore pit she was a little on edge after accidentally eavesdropping on her conversation. Well that's what I learned a little later on.

And she didn't mean to eavesdrop, she ran in there crying when Principal Saltzman had no idea who she was or where she came from. Then to top it all of seeing Landon and Josie on a date. Like the past few years of her life had been nothing, but a facade or a dream that was way too vivid. So she did what her hero self always did: checked out the possible danger that surrounded.

The bleach filled my nose as I walked the familiar pathways of the hallways in the hospital. Until I reached room 321, I leaned against the doorframe watching as Hudson strummed along to his little ukulele.

"Hey killer!" I say, walking into the room and he stopped strumming and looked up at me with his goofy smile. He leaned over his ukulele giving me a high five as I sat at the foot of his bed.

"Rivers in the house! Whoop whoop!" he yells, pumping his hands up in the air. I laugh at him softly and he face palms himself, "I've been watching way too much MTV since I've been here."

"No worries dude! How have you been?" I asked, looking around to see if I can see any of his new personal touches in the room.

"Getting better everyday! Speaking of which, the girl who has the hugest crush on you and also one of our very best friends is here." he said, pointing to the girl I could see walking towards the hallway.

I smiled at the sight, she was sauntering towards us, like a model on a runway. Her tan skin and her deep brown hair, paired perfectly with her deep brown eyes.

"Berkeley Noelle," she embraced you in a small hug, before ruffling Hudson's messy hair, "You look as beautiful as ever."

"Thank you, so do you!" I complimented with a smile, but my eyes drifted down the hall. When it catches the familiar sight of a brunette girl, but by the time I blink she's gone.

"Are you guys ready for this?" I ask them, turning back to the two of my friends.

"Oh always." Hudson says and we all just nod together.

And just as we're exiting Hudson's room, we run straight into a nurse. She was standing there with her arms crossed and a knowing look on her face, "What do you three think you're doing? Getting into trouble?"

I shake my head, "Us? Get in trouble? Nurse Alexis, who do you think we are?"

"I for one am very offended at the suggestion." Hudson said and I stifled a laugh.

We followed each other through the hallways and it landed on the little baby NICU. A place I loved to go to whenever I visit Hudson to make sure the babies aren't alone. They're new to the world and they're stuck in a little place with no parents.

And from the reflection in the glass I could see the beautiful brunette from earlier staring back at me. "Hope?" I ask and she freezes in her place, "What are you doing here?" I turned around to find the one and only Hope Marshall looking back at me.

"I uh, blood drive!" she says, finally coming up with an excuse. I squint my eyes at her with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Friend of yours?" Hudson asked, raising his eyebrows up and it broke me out of my trance.