part 8

It was a big bonfire. The orange and yellow light illuminating the darkened woods. The world was a blur as Adelyn and Hope weaved their way through crowds of teenagers, catching the scent of booze and weed every now and then.

Their hands were still intertwined as they finally spotted the pairs of twins dancing near the keg, "How are we doing girls?"

"Wait...is that?" Maya drew out, looking at the pair's hands. She smiled to herself knowingly, "Did something happen between the two of you?" her words slurred.

"Now that's a story for another time, preferably when you're not drunk," Adelyn told them and Maya let out a squeal of excitement.

Hope and Rivers spent most of our time talking about random things, getting to know each other better as well as babysitting the drunk kids. Laughter and voices filled the silent night.

The weather was nice for a fall night, but of course those eight words were spoken too soon. A few hours into the party small little raindrops started falling from the sky. The two girls both looked at each other with wide smiles.

"It's going to pour!" Hope exclaimed as the rain started falling harder and faster.

"Yeah well!" she shrugged before looking back at Hope, "There's not really anywhere else we can go,"

"I know a place," she whispered into her ear. She pulled back her eyes bright with mischief.

"What about Josie and Lizzie?"

"They'll manage, I stopped them from drinking an hour ago. Plus the school isn't too far from this place,"

The rain started pouring harder and harder. Both of them were screaming in shock and laughing in excitement. Despite being a supernatural creature, Hope seemed to be falling behind a little bit since they were running through the slippery woods for what seemed like hours. Rivers extended her hand out towards her and she intertwined their fingers together. She used all my strength to pull her up next to her as she continued holding her hand as they ran.

The couple finally reached the Salvatore Boarding School, both of our hairs were drenched like we just jumped into the lake. There were 'Caution Wet Floor' signs in every hall. Adelyn let out a low whistle, "Wow, this is definitely a lot cooler than Mystic Falls High,"

Their squeaky shoes did not make the smooth polished hardwood floors easy to walk on. Hope began to talk, but was cut off when she started to slip and fall. She immediately reached her hand out towards the falling and pulled her closer. Adelyn took this as an opportunity to wrap her arms around her waist to steady her as her arms wrapped around my neck.

"Woah love, be careful there. I don't want you to slip and hurt yourself," she chuckled to herself to hide her heart skipping a beat at the feeling of her body pressed against her own.

Their faces were mere inches apart, so close to the point a penny could connect both of their faces. Adelyn looked from her eyes down to her lips and then back up. Asking permission to experience the wonder that is kissing Hope Marsh-Mikaelson. Rivers made a note to herself to work on remembering Hope's real last name.

Hope nodded slightly before leaning in to meet her halfway. It didn't take long for her lips to meet hers. Maybe time stopped when Hope's lips met hers. It was like Adelyn was paraylzed by it. The only thing moving was the butterflies that only seemed to flutter faster.

Hope's heart pounded in her chest as her knees got weaker. The only thing she could focus on was how soft Adelyn's lips felt against her mouth, how addictively she invaded her senses. It still wasn't clear if this was a product of her imagination or if she was really kissing her.

Adelyn kept her eyes half open during some of the kiss, sneaking a guilty peek at her every time, just to make sure that this was real. They both pull away breathless. If breathing wasn't a thing, their lips would still be interlocked. But unfortunately for Rivers, she already struggles with breathing, holding her breath longer would not end well.

"We should head up to my room before Dr. Saltzman catches us down here. To be honest, you shouldn't really be in the school," she whispers and the blonde nods in response.

Hope pressed a button on the wall to call for the elevator and it opened right away. It made sense, no one else seemed to be awake. The people who usually have access to the elevator were fast asleep.

Once the two got into the elevator and the sliding door closed behind us. Hope pushed Rivers against the wall and continued kissing her. The tribrid's tongue grazed over her bottom lip which caused a gasp to leave Adelyn's mouth. Hope took this as a perfect opportunity to let her tongue slip in. The blonde let out a groan in pleasure, grabbing Hope's waist and pulling her closer.

Ding!

The elevator snapped the both of them out of their little world. As the two of them stepped out of the elevator they ran into the still stumbling Saltzman twins. They looked at their messy state. The way both Hope and Rivers' lips were plumper than usual. Or the way the blonde's hair was messed up.

"So that's where the two of you stumbled off to," Lizzie said, leaning against the wall to steady herself. She had a small smirk plastered on her face.

Hope shook her head, "Nope, just had to run through the rain is all,"

"Then explain why your lips are plump," the blonde Saltzman shot back.

"I think that's the alcohol talking," Rivers chimed in, following Hope's lead to the twins' room.

Hope and Rivers helped the girls into their beds, tucking them in. Before the pair left the room Rivers placed a couple pills of ibuprofen, that she always carries around, on their bedside table. Along with a little note, 'Dear Saltzman twins, I hope your first high school party was everything you wanted. Just don't tell your dad I let you go, I think he likes me and I don't want to ruin that,'

Hope led the blonde to where her dorm was, which was conveniently across the hall from the Saltzman's. They both stood there with soft smiles on their faces. Rivers opened her arms wide for Hope. The tribrid leaned into the girls' embrace.

"Thank you for a fun night," she whispered.

"Anytime, just don't be late next time," Adelyn teased.

Hope playfully pushed her away, but Adelyn came right back wrapping her arms around her once more. She placed a soft kiss to her forehead, "Goodnight Hope,"

"Goodnight,"