Chapter 1

BARRIER

————

Wang Yibo and the girl arrived at the second floor and sat on the chair, waiting for their turn.

Wang Yibo, "Ziyi, I'm going somewhere. Wait here for me, okay?"

Ziyi, "Where are you going?"

Wang Yibo, "Just," he paused and looked at the other's eyes, he added, "Somewhere..."

Ziyi immediately understood and just sighed. She can't help but pity her friend. They have been friends for four years and he knows how much her friend suffered from losing his love. Eyebrows slightly furrowed, she asked, "You're going to see him, aren't you?"

Wang Yibo nodded in a yes.

Ziyi just lowered her gaze, looking at her baby, "Ok then, give me my Fanxing."

Wang Yibo gently gave the baby to his mom and stood up before running towards the elevator. He said, running, "I'll be back in a while! Just wait for me!"

Ziyi nodded as she smiled.

When Yibo and Ziyi first met, Ziyi hated Yibo because of his intimidating aura. He looks like he's going to murder someone in just a minute with his piercing gaze under those always furrowed eyebrows. Those phoenix eyes looking as though he will make you kneel and beg for him to spare your life. But in reality, those phoenix eyes shed buckets of tears and those piercing gazes were just to cover up the misery that he felt.

———

Wang Yibo arrived at the first floor of the hospital and stood still across his ex's office. He never thought that he would meet him in this hospital. Back then, he wanted to explain to Xiao Zhan that the baby wasn't his' seeing how confused he looked. But who is he to do so? Everything between him and Zhan is already over three years ago. He's the one who ended everything but also the one who suffered. Both of them did. Both of them suffered from that breakup but none of them knew how the other still felt.

Three years...

Yet the yearning and love are still there...

For three years Yibo has been walking in this endless darkness, unable to see the light that once guided him.

Suddenly, the door of Doctor Xiao's office pushed open revealing a guy in a white doctor suit.

It has been three years since they last met and now, the man that he loves already...

Wang Yibo flinched and just stared at the other guy. He looked at him up and down, looking closely at his ex wearing the suit the other had always wanted to wear. Suddenly, a bitter yet somehow soft smile appeared on his lips. "You look good in that suit."

It has been three years since they last met and now, the man that he loves already achieved his dreams.

Xiao Zhan was taken aback. Eyes fluttering downwards, he said, "Haha, do I?"

Wang Yibo stepped a foot forward, "Doctor Xiao,"

Xiao Zhan, "....."

The moment Xiao Zhan looked up he somehow saw something else in the other's gaze. Yibo isn't the type of person who shows his real emotions, but somehow, when he's with Zhan, his cold self always melts and the person in front of Zhan now is somehow different from what he remembers, he neither showed his gentle nor cold side. It seems to be filled with sorrow?

Wang Yibo, "It has been three years."

Xiao Zhan made sure that he looked closely at the other and was even more shocked to see the rims of his eyes seems to be a little red. Is he holding back his tears?

Wang Yibo raised his trembling hands, wanting to hold the other, but he remained his composure and dropped his hands at the end.

Hold him? Hah?! How can he? He's the one who cut all ties with him first so how dare he hold this man in front of him. The gap between them is already far, he can't reach it and he doesn't have the courage to reach it, afraid that the other won't take his hands and leave him in the darkness once again.

Wang Yibo, "D-Doctor Xiao, can I... hug you?" He asked as his voice quivered.

Xiao Zhan was taken aback. Hug?! For what? Hurt him again? To break the already broken glass? Not knowing what to say, he just stayed silent, subconsciously taking a step back.

Wang Yibo noticed and instantly stepped back, too. "I-I see, I'm sorry... Haha, what was I thinking?"

It was indeed uncomfortable for him to ask his ex for a hug but he just missed him so much. Too much that he totally forgot to keep his cold image, too much that he even forgot how much he made him suffer in the past, too much that he wants to step closer and embrace him tightly. But there seems to be a barrier between them, preventing them from going to each other's embrace and can only watch the other be happy in their lives now.

Wang Yibo lowered his head. "I'm sorry." He uttered and stepped back before turning around and walked away.

In the end, he still ended up walking in the darkness all alone, unable to break the barrier between him and the one that he loves.

Coward.

————

Again, I'm sorry for the errors! Please do tell me if I have some (⁎⁍̴̛⁍̴̛⁎)/~~