Chapter 6

IF ONLY

————

Taking care of a child alone is hard but Yibo tried his best to learn these past few months. He knows that Zhan wouldn't even know that he adopted a child because he promised him before but at least he can still remember their past from this kid's presence.

Wang Yibo closed his eyes and remembered the day when they were still together three years ago. They were at the park, watching the sunset.

Xiao Zhan placed his head on the other's shoulders. "Yibo,"

Wang Yibo, "Mn..."

Xiao Zhan chuckled and held his boyfriend's hand. "Do you want to have a kid?"

Wang Yibo chuckled as well. "Can you even give birth?"

Xiao Zhan gently hit Yibo's chest. "Aish! You know what I'm talking about, stop teasing me!"

Wang Yibo laughed even more making Xiao Zhan more irritated.

Xiao Zhan threw his boyfriend's hand and stood up to leave but a hand suddenly grabbed him by the wrist.

Wang Yibo, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he said and pulled the other to sit again. He held his cheeks, making him look at him in the eye. "Zhan, whatever you want, I want it too. So if you want to have a kid then let's adopt, ok?"

Hearing this, Xiao Zhan's frown slowly disappeared and got replaced by a smile, "Really?"

Wang Yibo nodded and smiled. "Mn, " He lowered his boyfriend's head and kissed his forehead. "Whatever you want."

Xiao Zhan smiled at the other. "Promise?"

Wang Yibo, "Promise."

Xiao Zhan giggled and snuggled on his boyfriend's chest. "Let's take care of him properly, ok?"

Wang Yibo, "Mn,"

Xiao Zhan, "We'll watch him slowly grow together, ok?"

Wang Yibo, "Mn,"

See him grow together? Zheng Fanxing is already 1 year old, but during those months Xiao Zhan only saw him once and he even thought that he was Ziyi's and Yibo's child. Now tell me, how can they still watch him grow together?

Ziyi, "Yibo?"

Wang Yibo flinched and came back to reality. If only he can go back from the past.

Wang Yibo, "....."

Ziyi, "Yibo? What's wrong?"

Wang Yibo smiled at her. "Nothing, I just thought of something."

Ziyi looked at her friend pitifully and just sighed. What can she even do to help her friend? She can't just go to Doctor Xiao and say, "Hey dumbass, Yibo still has feelings for you. Will you be his boyfriend again?"

Well, she can if she wants to, but she doesn't want to meddle in her friend's business so she just stayed silent.

After a moment she said to Yibo, "I'll get you some food, wait for me here and watch Fanxing for a while."

Wang Yibo, "Mn,"

Wang Yibo looked at his soon-to-be son and smiled. "Fanxing, I'm sorry, you won't be able to see Zhan again."

Zheng Fanxing looked at him confusedly. He crawled beside him and snuggled, feeling comfortable with his father's warmth.

Wang Yibo chuckled. "You like me?"

Zheng Fanxing tiny hands grabbed his father's shirt, as though telling him to shut up and take a rest.

Wang Yibo was silent for a while before chuckling. "Haha, ok, ok, I'll rest."

He laid down beside his son and the other squeezed his tiny body closer to the other.

Wang Yibo smiled. Right at that moment he suddenly saw a hint of light, it was as if guiding him in the endless darkness he's in. He wrapped his hands around the tiny guy and closed his eyes. If only Zhan was here with them, everything would be complete.

Suddenly, Wang Yibo felt a warm thing sliding on his cheeks. He's crying. It has been a while since he felt warm like this. Maybe three years? Yeah. Three years. The moment he broke up with Zhan the light and the warmth disappeared. It was all his fault.

If only he stayed strong for a while, then maybe, just maybe, Zhan and him can still see their son grow together, live in a house together, take care of each other, see each other grow old together, util death do them part. If only.

Meng Ziyi entered the room and saw Yibo and Fanxing cuddling. She wanted to wake up Yibo to eat, but seeing this, she just shrugged it off and placed the food on the table before silently leaving.

She walked through the hallway and saw a familiar figure. It was a man in a white doctor's suit. It was Yibo's ex, Doctor Xiao. She instantly turned around, not wanting to see the doctor again but she suddenly heard a voice calling her.

"Excuse me? Miss Ziyi?"

Meng Ziyi stood still, recognizing the voice. She doesn't want to face this doctor or else she might say something rude, knowing that he's the one who made her friend suffer all these years. But she still gathered her courage and remained calm before turning around. "Doctor Xiao?"

Xiao Zhan smiled and walked towards her. "How have you been?"

Meng Ziyi seriously wants to punch him, seeing how calm he looked, but she maintained her composure, and said, "I'm fine."

Xiao Zhan, "Yeah? Good then. I heard that you're the one taking care of Yibo. How's he?"

Meng Ziyi gritted her teeth. "He's doing great."

Xiao Zhan lowered the curtains of his eyelashes, and uttered, "Good then. He's lucky to have a girlfriend like you. Please take good care of him." He took a step back, ready to leave.

Meng Ziyi's eyes went wide. Take care of him? A girlfriend? What the actual fuck is this guy thinking?! He's not even aware of how selfish he seems right now. He only cares about his feelings and no Yibo's. If he truly loves or loved Yibo then at least ask him other than jumping to conclusions and ended up hurting Yibo.

She got all furious and shouted, "What? What did you just say?!"

Xiao Zhan paused. "Uhh?"

Meng Ziyi smiled bitterly. "Fine! I'll take care of him! Don't ever bother him!" She shouted before leaving.

She badly wants to say the truth to him. Say that Yibo is suffering because of what he is doing but Yibo himself didn't say it so who is she to meddle in their business. 

In the end, she still ended up letting Yibo and Zhan grew further with each other, not knowing what to do and what to say.

————

Sorry I wasn't able to update last night. I was practicing a dance and my dumbass self forgot to update lololl

Btw, Ziyi here is literally adding fuel to the fire! What is she thinking?!