Chapter 10

TAKE MY HANDS AGAIN

————

Xiao Zhan, being left just like that, can feel both confusion and pain. Just... what... what just happened? What did she mean? How? Yibo— he still... loves him? So all this time, he wasn't the only one suffering? All this time, he wasn't the only one trying to break the barrier between them? He wasn't— he wasn't the only one trying to mend his broken heart?

Moments passed and he is still spacing out, holding his cheeks, tears can't stop from falling.

At that moment, he finally realized how selfish he is. He only cared about his feelings and not Yibo's. If on that day that they broke up if he also cared for Yibo's feelings and talk to him for a while, will things turn out this way? Maybe if he didn't just walk out of the room that day, maybe if he didn't pretend that day, will things be like this? Perhaps he was too blinded by his own pain that he completely forgot that Yibo also has feelings, that he was also hurt.

The curtain of his eyelashes fluttered downwards as he slowly got back to his senses. He lost his balance for a moment and stumbled backwards before suddenly remembering something, "Yibo, his flight is at 8:00 am... I-I have to—"

Right at that moment, he finally understood. He loves Yibo and will always love Yibo.

He took a step forward before running.

"Yibo— come back!"

He has to run back to his love.

He immediately went to his car and drove, going to the airport. Although the airport was quite far from the hospital and the time is almost up he still has a faint hope that he can still bring Yibo back. He didn't care about other things anymore and rode his car at the highest speed. Too fast that some people would beep their horns at him but he never listened. All he wants now is to bring back Yibo.

He can already see the airport and his eyes immediately beamed. He took a turn, heart pounding in his chest.

Suddenly, he heard a honk in front of him. He was confused for a while but the confusion in his face turned into shock when he saw a car in front of him. They were about to crash!

His heart skipped a beat. He tried to turn back but it was too late. Their car crashed against each other!

Xiao Zhan felt his head hit the glass of his car, breaking the glass, making his head bleed. The impact was great that Xiao Zhan ended up injuring his arm and forehead. He felt both dizzy and nauseous, sight almost going black he clenched his hand, trying to hold on. His blood kept on dripping as his sight turned hazy. However, he still tried to hold on, he needs to see Yibo. It was as if he couldn't feel any pain anymore as the pain on his chest was worse.

Perhaps because the impact wasn't that great or perhaps because he wanted to see Yibo even in his last breath, he somehow got the strength to open the door. After a moment, he got out of his car, bleeding. He clenched his hands and began running with an injured hand and head. He was just meters away from the airport so he just ran as fast as he can, with his blood dripping.

Somehow, he managed to arrive at the airport with a sight almost going black. Some people tried to help him but he pushed them away. All he wants now is Yibo...

Yibo...

Yibo...

WHERE THE FUCK IS HE?!

He kept on searching and searching. He looked at his wristwatch. "8:15 am, no.. I'm late." He mumbled. Even so, he continued searching, holding unto his last bits of hope that Yibo is still here. He won't leave him. He promised. He said yes when Zhan asked him if they can look after their son together. Didn't he? So why? Why is he gone now? Where's his promise?

Xiao Zhan kept on walking with weak legs and bleeding forehead and arm. But he didn't find him. Almost passing out, he stumbled back but he still tried to hold on. He has to find Yibo. At least, he has to say to him that he still loves him. He almost lost hope, but suddenly he saw a guy with a girl who is carrying a baby somewhere at one or two year/s old. He looked at the guy who is smiling.

"Yibo—?"

He smiled and walked towards them weakly. "Yibo,"

As though the guy sensed someone coming towards them, he turned around and was stunned to see Xiao Zhan. The guy's eyelashes fluttered as he saw a guy with bleeding forehead and arm.

It was indeed Yibo... the guy Xiao Zhan has been looking for.

Seeing this, Xiao Zhan smiled even more, he was already ten feet close to them so they can hear each other just fine, he said, "Yibo," He paused as tears began streaming down his cheeks. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry.... Please come back..." he looked straight at the other guy's eyes, and continued, "Come back will you?"

Wang Yibo on the other hand is just frozen, he doesn't know what to say or do. He just stared at him as though thinking whether he's dreaming or not.

Xiao Zhan reached out his hand. "Please take my hand again." A pause. "I love you."

Hearing this, Wang Yibo raised his eyebrows and found the courage to step forward.

Xiao Zhan also stepped forward.

And the next moment, they suddenly found themselves desperately running towards each other's embrace.

And finally, the barrier between them is now.... broken.

So what it takes for the barrier to break is for both of them to run back, not just one of them— but together.

Wang Yibo buried his head on the other's neck. "Zhan, you... How did you— Why are you—"

Xiao Zhan cried helplessly. "Yibo— I'm glad you're still here. I— I don't know what I'm going to do if you're not here anymore."

Wang Yibo lifted the other's head. "Zhan, stop crying, this hurts me," He wiped the other's tears away, and said, "I love you."

Xiao Zhan smiled as he placed his forehead on the latter's forehead. "I... I love y—" but before he could even finish talking, he couldn't take it anymore and passed out in Wang Yibo's arms.

Wang Yibo was confused for a moment then realized Xiao Zhan is injured. He immediately panicked, and shouted, "Z-Ziyi! Help! Fuck! How can I forget about this!"

————

Nshdje yeah, it's a happy ending skjdje I think I'll publish the epilogue later??? Or tomorrow?? kejdhd I dunno