Chapter 8.

Kage's Point Of View

After a full week of stopping by the gate to see if Kiba has came from his mission, I finally see him and Akamaru racing to the gate. Seeing him made my smile grow. "Hey Kage!" He yelled.

"Hey!" I say. He runs up to me and gives me a big hug. I see a small cut on his arm and decide to help him out. It may be a little tricky healing someone else but I can do it. I put my arm on his cut and he looks at me confused. "I mastered a new Jutsu with my chakra." I tell him. I focus all of my chakra in my hands, focusing on healing his cut.

He looks at his arm confused. "How did you-." He doesn't finish his sentence as he looks at where the cut used to be. "That's amazing!"

"Thank you." I smile.

"Shikamaru is going to report what all happened and that the mission was a success, do you want to come with me to drop my bag off?" He asked and I nod, I walk beside him, a big smile on my face.

I see the Hokage stopped, with a bottle of sake in her hand. "Why can't Shizune understand that I need free time?" Kiba and I ignore her and keep walking, she wasn't exactly talking to us anyway. We reach his home and I wait outside for him and Akamaru. They run out after only two minutes.

"Did ya miss me while I was gone?" He asked.

I really wanted to tell him the truth, that I was born and barely thought about anything else but him coming back, but I decided to take a different option. "I miss Akamaru so much." I kneel down and he barks.

"Be quiet Akamaru!" Kiba says embarrassed.

I get on my toes and give Kiba a neck hug and his body immediately softens. "Of course I missed you dummy." He hugged me tighter. My toes started to hurt so I let go of him, pulling away from the warm hug.

"Have you been eating properly?" He asked and I nod. I've eaten a lot more then what I am used to. "Do you want some barbecue?" He asked and I nod. We walk together to the place and sit down, we order and they bring it to us, it smells amazing. "Hey, there is Choji and Shikamaru." We also got Akamaru some milk.

"Let's ask them to come over here." I tell him. He sighs and nods, waving at them and motioning for them to come over. Choji stuffed some food in his mouth and walked over.

"Choji just finished our barbecue." Shikamaru
Said, "I'm warning you he might finish yours as well." I shrug.

"He isn't eating mine!" Kiba says as they sit down. Akamaru is sitting with us to and he shakes his head.

"I'll order me some more." Choji smiled, the waitress came and Choji asked for more, we ate. Shikamaru talked to Choji a little.

"What did you do while we were gone?" Shikamaru asks.

"I was so bored, Kiba, you, and Kakashi Sensei are the only people I really know. Hinata was training on her own. I had no one to hang out with." I sighed. I am not going to tell anyone except the hokage and maybe Kiba, about the encounter I had with Kabuto and Kyon. Kiba might get mad.

"We are back now!" Kiba gave me a big smile, I nod with a smile as I look up at him, taking a bite of my barbecue.

"I asked Lady Hokage if there was a mission, she said she isn't sure she wants to put me on a mission yet, it's understandable because of where I came from. It's really boring though." I tell them.

"Maybe next time." Kiba reassured and I nod.

"Maybe next time." I say.

I ate about half of my barbecue and snuck Akamaru a few bites, I also noticed Kiba doing the same. Akamaru has already finished his milk and I was close to finishing my whole plate. It was so good. I have been eating better and I have gained a few pounds.

"What are you guys fixing to do?" Kiba asked, standing beside me as we stand outside of the barbecue shop.

"I'm probably going to go home. Not long before it gets dark." Choji says, Shikamaru nods.

"I'll walk you home." Kiba says, turning to me.

"Thank you." I tell him. We eventually get to my apartment and we walk up together, I unlock my door and we walk in. I walk into my room and grab some clothes, I don't feel like showering tonight I will do it first thing in the morning though.

I am starting to like my body more. Since I have perfected my healing jutsu and healed my bruises and a few of my scars and gained a little more weight I look better, not as pale. I walk out, putting my silver hair into a loose bun. I sit on the couch and he follows, sitting right beside me. I lay my head on his shoulder.

"What do you want to do tomorrow?" I ask him, "that is if you want to stay with me."

"What does that mean? Of course I want to stay with you." He said, it made me happy to hear that he didn't just want to leave me.

"I mean if you don't have more important things to do." I tell him.

"You are important." Those three words made me blush. I snuggle closer to him, he grabs the cover sitting beside him on my couch and puts it over us. I started to tear up, Akamaru and Kiba noticing, they both look at me sadly. "I'm sorry, Kage, did I say something wrong?" He asked.

"No, you have showed me more love then I have felt in years. I'm so thankful for you and the thought of losing you makes my heart ache." I say, truthfully, sitting up and wiping my warm tears away.

"Kage." He said, pulling me back to him and holding me tight. "I'll always be here for you." Akamaru barks in agreement. It made me smile.

Thank you Kiba and Akamaru.