chapter thirteen

Tom was an early riser, he dressed quietly. Every cell in his body told him to stop and crael back into the bed with the sleeping Harry but it would be too suspicious if he wasn't up and awake at his usual time.

Harry snored softly and Tom was mesmorized by the warm flush on his cheeks and how his face absorbed the golden early morning sunlight.

He wouldn't just leave. He would write a note or something. Tom began to search for Harry's parchment and quills.

"What'ca looking for?"

"I was going to leave you a note before I left, good morning handsome"

"Top drawer of desk, other shit is in there too. You should write to the Prophet and the Board of Goveners about Dumbledore"

Tom found the stationary and nodded along with Harry's suggestion.

Harry watched the brunnette scrawl onto parchment for a while. He liked how as he moved his shirt rippled and stretched over his toned back muscles.

"Rita Skeeter,

This is an anonymous letter, and for good reason. I am a very concerned student at Hogwarts and I think it is time Albus Dumbledore begins to take responsibility for the unsafe enviroment that is Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

This man must take responsibility for the mauling of the two Ravenclaws last year. The rest of England may have moved on from the horriffic inicident, but here at Hogwarts we see the gap where they sat at the Ravenclaw table and we see no change in the safety of this school.

Dumbledore has never done anything but gently suggest students remain away from the forest, which directly contradicts the fact that detentions have been known to be held within the forest.

It is my education, and I should not fear for my life every second I am within these castle walls. What is stopping lurking beasts from waltzing up into the school full of defenseless children?

If you could bring any attention to this situation it would be greatly appreciated.

- Hogwarts."

"Sounds good."

"Governers?"

Harry was sitting up in the bed now and combing his hand through his messier than usual hair.

"Yep"

Tom left after the second letter was complete and Harry quickly dressed himself. Tom had taken both letters to be posted and Harry had quite a lot of time to kill before people would expect him up.

He fished his seedling from Neville our of his bag and wondered how much soil was in the Chamber of Secrets.

Harry knelt on the stone floor, carefully potting his plant. He could hear Arelies' scales scraping against the tunnels and he looked up to see her head peak out from the darkness.

"Hello young master Harry"

"Arelies, and you have the fawn" Harry brushed himself off and greeted Arelies.

The fawn, who had grown impressively, hopped off the basilisk's back and ambled toward Harry, nudging it's head into his hand.

"I named him Pete"

"Pete?"

"Yes. I just said that"

"Why did you name him Pete?!"

"It is a perfectly suitable name. Pete likes it"

Harry scratched behind Pete's ears. He could see budding antlers growing from the skull of the small animal.

"Pete is a great name Arelies. Please leve this plant alone, and eventually it will get dangerous for Pete to be around it"

"Pete is safe as long as he is with me. Go eat your breakfast Harry, I can smell your hunger from here"

Tom knew the first step to respect was a confident walk. He took long heavy steps and kept his head up despite the rattling feeling in his stomach telling him to cower.

He sat beside Draco and began filling his plate with food.

"Your mudblood is here"

"Nobody likes a bigot Draco" Tom warned, looking towards the door and watching Carlos strut in.

"Sorry" He did not sound it but Tom was too busy smiling kindly at Carlos.

"Morning Tom!"

"Carlos. You seem chipper"

"I was just thinking about where all my muggle friends are right now. Doing maths in a yellow room and having the same boring life as everyone around them! Not me though!"

"Indeed"

"If I wasn't a wizard I'd still be friends with Harvey and I never would have met you or Harry or Draco and-"

"Calm down Carlos, and eat some food. We are all glad to have you here too kid"

Carlos beamed and served himself a large amount of porridge and sugar.

Tom smirked to himself as he returned to his own breakfast.

He turned to the muggleborn. "How are your classes Carlos?"

"Really awesome"

"Do you struggle with any of the work?"

"Nah, if I do I will tell you though"

That was a good sign. Carlos' assumption that Tom was offering assistance meant Carlos trusted Tom, trusted his friendship, it wouldn't be long before they could begin testing Carlos.

Harry was still struggling to get soil off his hands when he entered the Great Hall. Hermione and Ron weren't up yet and so he beelined for Thomas, he hoped that as long as he didn't sit down it wouldn't be too weird.

"Hello Carlos!"

"Harry!"

Tom had to bite his tounge to stop himself from doing something absurd as he felt Harry's hand fall casually onto his shoulder.

"Morning Potter"

"Riddle. I'd ask about classes, Carlos, but that'd be so boring of me... got any crushes?"

"No, the people in my year are imbeciles"

"Most people will never get any more interesting. It's rare to actually find people with personalities at this school"

"I'm glad I found you guys then"

"Harry was trying to imply that it was lucky we found you Carlos"

"Oh. Cool" the kid went red around the ears.

"Your lions are here Potter"

"Speaking of the general lack of interesting people in this school... bye then. Have a fun day buddy, bye Tom"

"Bye Harry!"

Tom smiled after Harry and gave him a small wave. His heart rattled against his ribcage. Yeah, Carlos was right; life at Hogwarts was fucking great.