Home

Atsumu's POV

The night before was a complete bummer. I basically cried myself to sleep, and I feel awful about it. He didn't say anything, but I know Omi didn't have a good time. The only reason he was nice to me was out of pity. Of course he never said that, but he didn't have to. "Good Morning Omi Omi." I smile trying to make our last few hours good ones. He glances at me, and tries to give a little smirk. "Morning, sorry I'm not used to having someone over." He says while fixing us some breakfast. I know I had just met him, but it feels like I've known him my entire life. Maybe that's just the way I want to feel right now. "That smells so good! You never told me you could cook." I smile as he places the food down on the table. "Yeah living alone I was sort of forced to learn these things." He shrugs while we both start eating. For some reason I wish I had a whole other day with him. Something about Omi just draws me in. Not to mention he looks as if he could be a model. "Atsumu..  Can I possibly get your number?" He seems so nervous. I guess this is what he means by lack of social skills. I wish he wouldn't be so nervous around me though. Especially after the night that we had last night. "Of course!" I put my number into his phone, and we continue to eat our breakfast. After eating I gather all of my belongings for the trip home. "Thank you again for bringing me home Omi Omi I can't ever thank you enough." I smile, and I can see his cheeks turning a brighter shade. He looks so adorable trying to hide his blushes underneath his mask. "It's no problem.. If you ever need anything just give me a call okay?" He glances over at me for a second before focusing on the road again. We are almost to my house, and I can feel the disappointment taking over. I wish he didn't live so far away. Maybe then we could spend more time together. By the time Sakusa had pulled up in front of the house Samu was already on his way. "What the hell happened last night? Kita was texting me all kinds of crazy shit." He glances down into the window to see Sakusa with an unamused look. "Who the hell is that?" My brothers eyes looked like they were throwing daggers at Omi. "Calm down, he's just my new and improved ace." I tease trying to calm the atmosphere. "Haha very funny, but seriously." I hate when he gets all over protective. Normally we never get along, but when it comes down to it I know he will always be there for me. "I'm Sakusa, we played against eachother yesterday. Anyway, I'm Atsumu's friend just giving him a ride home." Well, he Introduced himself better then what I expected. "Thank you Omi Omi I'll text you later okay?" He slightly frowns before starting the car again. "Don't call me that in front of people..." he mutters, a small blush rising to his cheeks all the way to the tips of his ears. "I'll text you when I get home." With that he drives off as me and my twin make our way inside the house. We both take a seat on the couch before I explain everything that had happened. "That damn Kita... I should beat the living hell out of him." I can tell Osamu is pissed, but there's no need to do anything to our captain. Besides, Kita isn't worth the effort anymore. "Calm down, that would just put more tension on the team." I try to explain to him. Typically he's the one who is calm and collected. It feels so different being on the other end. "Fine, but that asshole better keep his mouth shut at practice." Jeez, what am I even supposed to do with him? This isn't how Osamu would normally react. "Thank you..." I nudge him with my elbow, and he ruffles my hair a bit. From looking at us you would think we hate each other, but at the end of the day we're still brothers. "Sorry that had happened to you. Luckily you at least had someone there to back you up." Now he's just trying to make small talk. I know Samu is trying, but talking about it just brings heart ache. I attempt to chuckle things off to lighten the atmosphere. The lump in my throat says it all though. "It's fine, I'm the setter of our team anyway. No need to make things awkward and ruin the bond everyone has. It would just cause ruckus, and unnecessary rivalry. I'll get over it soon enough." He nods his head as if telling me he understands, and walks away. This is the first time in a while we actually had a significant conversation. Not just bickering back and forth at each other. I smile to myself, it's nice to know someone has my back. Walking to my room I collapse on the bed already exhausted for the day to come. We'll be having practice which means actually having to deal with Kita face to face. I suppose I will just have to bite the bullet,  and go on as if nothing had ever happened. It would be best for everyone if that happened. As I start to doze off my phone vibrates making me nearly jump out of bed. "Geez, I almost had a heart attack... " I mutter to myself before picking up the phone. My eyes widen,  and I can't help the excitement that filled in me as I looked at the text. It's Omi,  he actually texted me first. "Hey Tsumu,  I actually had a good time.. How are you doing?" No way, I know I haven't known him for long but he said a had a good time? That's a huge deal, I'm so excited I instantly start to reply. "Omi Omi! Sorry if it was awkward with Osamu he's just a little protective.. I had a lot of fun! I'm doing a lot better now that I have someone to talk to." I hope that wasn't to much, but I meant every word. Talking with him fills me with so much joy that I can't help but to express myself. "Oh no I understand, and I'm glad.. I like talking to you too."