Late texts

Sakusa's POV

Ever since I dropped Atsumu off at his house I've had an empty feeling. Just something inside me was missing. I've never felt this way before so it's difficult for me to wrap my mind around things.

I glance down at my phone, and debate with my thoughts for what feels like an hour. In reality it has only been three minutes, and the answer is plain to see.

Sighing, I click on his number saved into my phone, and begin to text. What should I say? I don't want to seem like I'm being to pushy. Maybe I should leave him alone for today.

The more I think about it the more my mind is at war. "Hmm, maybe a short message shouldn't hurt..." I mumble to myself rereading the same text five times. After convincing myself it is good enough I press send, and wait for his reply.

Although I don't expect him to answer, he's probably resting. Atsumu has had an emotionally exhausting past few days, and resting his mind could be what's best.

"Omi Omi! Sorry if it was awkward with Osamu he's just a little protective.. I had a lot of fun! I'm doing a lot better now that I have someone to talk to."

Even when he texts I can imagine the excitement in his voice. It's so adorable how the smallest of things can cheer him up. I'm just glad that he's feeling okay.

"I'm glad you're doing well. Remember that you need your rest okay?" It's unlike me to actually care for others, but Atsumu is different. Even though he's still germ infested I oddly find comfort in him.

"Aw is Omi worried about me? Just kidding! I will be fine though I'm just worried about practice."

That's right, all of that drama was with his captain. There's bound to be some tension within the team. Not just that, but he will have to face him nearly everyday.

I wish he could just come over to my school, but I know it would never happen. The twin duo is practically unbreakable. Besides I'm sure he also has other friends on the team.

"If he gives you any problems tell him he can take it up with me. I have no issue putting him in his place." I didn't intend on getting this protective, but it can't be helped.

Just the thought of someone hurting Atsumu any type of way whether it be physical, emotional, or mental really pisses me off. All he does is try his best.

Although sometimes it may not be the correct decision he doesn't do things half heartedly. He gives his all no matter what it is, and I respect him for that.

"Your so sweet, but I would hate to drag you in the middle of all of this. Thank you so much though!"

I stare at my phone for a moment in disbelief. This is the first time anyone has ever called me sweet, or remotely anything of the matter. Normally I'm called a shrewd, or some even think I'm stuck up.

Which isn't true at all, they just assume I'm stuck up because I don't typically talk to anyone. It's not that I'm stuck up I just genuinely don't like people.

"Any time Tsumu.. oh and earlier I forgot to say this but I had a really good time too."

Damn, why do I have to be so awkward at a time like this. I should be making moves, and try to make him mine. It sounds right, but I can't even strike a decent conversation with him.

"I'm glad, I was a mess but it was still fun. I'm just happy that you found me in the locker room."

That's right, I did find him. I believe that everything happens for a reason, and it definitely wasn't a coincidence that we met that night.

I want to ask him out, not as my boyfriend yet but possibly to just go on a date sometime. Just anything to be able to be around him again.

What if he says no? Normally I wouldn't bother myself with these questions, but who knows how I will react. Typically I would brush it off as if it never happened. It's just this feeling I have just texting him is irreplaceable.

That's it, I need to stop expanding my mind on things, and simply just go for it. If he says no then there's possibly the future where he might say yes. I will never know until I ask.

"What are you doing this weekend?" This is completely off the topic of earlier. Damn it, why can't I just interact like a regular human being.

"Hard to say really, I don't normally make plans I just go by instinct." Well, that rules out making plans for a date then. However that was a very Atsumu thing to say.

"Well hopefully you wouldn't mind bending the rules just this once?"  I can feel my heart start to race, and a strong anxious feeling wash over me. This is the moment of truth.

"Oh? And what do you mean by that? ;)" Oh great how mature of him, this is clearly teasing. However, I'll play this little game of his if that's what he wants.

"I was just hoping you'd be able to make a little exception for me ;)" I'm not used to this at all so I hope I'm doing decent. Why does flirting have to be so awkward? I'm not even sure if I used the right emoji at this point.

"Tell me what you had in mind, and I could possibly fit you in my schedule" Atsumu sends this with a winky face sticking out its tongue.

Jeez, he really is going to make me say it isn't he? I was hoping he would give in, but looks like he wants to read it from my own words.

"This Saturday, me and you both going to a Cafe, or a small pub after practice. I would like to get to know you even better then I already do." I hope I'm not to straight forward with him, but I typically get right down to the point.

I don't want to scare him off, and I'm certainly not the romantic type. All I can do is hope for the best, and hopefully somehow I can pull this off.

If he says yes and eventually we go out I know I can give him everything. I will give him anything in the world, and never disregard his feelings unlike that other guy. He will have all the affection he needs.

"Sounds good Omi Omi, are you going to pick me up, or do I need to meet you?" He actually said yes. I can't help to smile at my phone with a little excitement. I hope he's feeling the same way.

"I'll pick you up at your school, and we can figure the rest out together. How does that sound?" I don't mind picking him up, but honestly I don't know anything about his city. It's better to let him pick a place he likes anyway.

"I can't wait to see you! I'm so excited, this is going to be lots of fun! :)" Aw, he's so adorable, I truly can't wait to see him either. However, we both have school in the morning. As much as I would love to spend the entire night just flirting, and talking we need to get our rest.

"Hey Tsumu as much as I enjoy talking to you we really do need to get some sleep. There's school in the morning, and we got practice. I'll talk to you tomorrow alright?" This is Goodnight for now, but tomorrow brings a new day. One that is sure to bring just as much joy.

"You're right Omi, goodnight and I'll be waiting." I smile to myself while glancing down at his text. It's been awhile since anyone has told me goodnight.

It may seem little, but for me it meant everything. I place my phone on charge, and stare up into my ceiling. What is it going to take to make him completely mine?

Thinking about him I drift off into a peaceful sleep that is well needed. Only one thought on my mind as my eyes start to flutter shut. I want to see him in my dreams.