022

twenty-two

"Excuse me." Mark stated and excused himself from the room, heading up to the stairs as he looked like he's going to follow Donghyuck.

Renjun traveled his gaze to their disappearing figures, a sigh escaping his lips as he recalled the first times he was here; the time when Mark and Donghyuck also fought because of his existence. He looked at the others who seem to not mind what was happening to the two, still looking at his failed canvases with genuine awe in their faces.

"You painted this?"

Renjun averted his attention to what he recognized, Jisung's voice. The vampire stared at the huge canvas chilling on the easle, with Jeno and Jaemin's face already painted while the others were still sketched. The background was black, with roses on the two corners of the canvas as their mansion was faintly sketched behind them.

He blinked and cleared his throat, hands unconsciously making their way to rub the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"Uh, yeah. I tried and it's not yet done, though it's not really accurate..."

"Not accurate? This is way better than me drawing with a pencil." Chenle deadpans, Jeno chuckling at his sudden remark.

Renjun's cheeks suddenly heat up, he wasn't really used to compliments which is why he didn't reply. And yes, his head was still throbbing with pain, but he wanted to do something productive instead of lying on his bed the whole day.

"I'm really keeping this," Chenle stared at the 'failed' canvas Renjun made, it has a faint sketch of the sea with some parts painted as well as a dolphin in the middle of the canvas. "It's cute."

"But it's not-"

The orange haired rolled his eyes, and placed a finger on Renjun's lips to stop him from talking, "Don't worry about it." Chenle curved his lips in a small smile before walking off to his, as what the human assumed, room.

"Aren't you sick?" Jeno approached the male, his cold hand making its way to Renjun's forehead to check his temperature. And yes, he still felt hotter than usual. "You should be resting."

Renjun shook his head despite feeling slightly dizzy, "I'm fine, don't worry."

"You sure?"

Renjun hummed in reply and nodded before making his way back at the painting that Jisung is still staring at. Jeno stared at his figure, worried at the fact that he should be resting and not painting since he knows that humans are quite vulnerable.

"Would you like to keep it once I'm done?" Renjun asked, snapping Jisung back to reality.

The pink haired grinned and looked down, hands slipping inside his pockets. "Yeah, if you don't mind."

"I don't," Renjun chuckled, about to explain what he was painting when he remembered Donghyuck telling him to stay away from him. The smile on his face suddenly fell, "Hey, I'll just go to my room to get something, if ever one of you is looking for me."

"Want me to come with you?" Jisung asked, fighting back the will to coo at the new sight of Renjun whilst looking up at him as if he is some type of a tall skyscraper.

Renjun shook his head, "No, it's okay. I won't be long."

That was all he said before making his way to the stairs as his room was on the second floor. Though he didn't really plan on going to his room like what he said to Jisung, he just wanted to make sure he didn't do anything wrong. Taking baby steps as soon as he arrived at the second floor, Renjun was relieved he knew where every room is after being here for months or so.