Chapter 4

"He walked into my heart like he always belonged there, took down my walls, and lit my soul on fire"

Tears filled my eyes and my vision blurred. I begged him to stop but eventually, he didn't. I just looked up in pain and cried out loud. Crying, that's what I can do till now for all these abuses. My stepfather was the one hurting me to hell and of course, my mother just stared at me with so much hatred. I just hate that. Those eyes that looked at me with so much love now looked at me as if they wanted to kill me at the moment and like they had been waiting for it.

I cried because the people whom I thought loved me were hurting me.

I can't do anything but cry.

I cried trying to get off the stronghold around my neck. I begged him weakly.

"I'm sorry!" My weak voice croaked. Black spots started appearing in my vision since he was cutting my oxygen supply.

"How dare you ruin my meeting with that fucking mouth of yours!" He seethed in anger. He grabbed me by my hair and slammed me against the white wall and slapped hard across my face. He grabbed my neck and choked me again. His furious brown eyes blow up me that could kill me anytime.

I couldn't breathe.

I begged.

Slowly I was taking hold of the darkness and everything went black.

Nightmares cascaded through my dreams, a relentless downpour staining the canvas of my slumber. I asked myself:

Why did no one love me back?

What have I done wrong?

Why my life is messed up as hell?

Maybe one day I will have someone to love me back. I was waiting for that day. I too deserved to be happy one day. It's going to be long.

I wish my father was here to love me back and save me from hell.

I was their punching bag.

Pure hell. 

"Get your ass out of the bed, Athena!" My best friend for a reason shouted out of her lungs. I stayed yesterday at Avery's house and I was too tired to move after a long day.

"You don't want to get your mood ruined by those bitches right. Then go get ready for the day." She said with a weak smile. She has a point. I don't want to ruin my day with the bitches in the office, especially my step-father. 

I groaned getting off my comfy bed and headed towards the bathroom to get cleaned up myself. I quickly brushed and showered within 20 minutes I was out of the bathroom. Avery dropped me off at my office today we had a meeting with the most powerful industry "THE KNIGHT INDUSTRIES".