Chapter 51

"If you want to love others, you should love yourself."

"He is in a critical condition we will try our best to save him!" I felt the breath leave my lungs and my whole world came crashing down

"He is in a critical condition we will try our best to save him!" I felt the breath leave my lungs and my whole world came crashing down. I took a peek at him lying there lifeless. My breathing stopped at the sight of him. After three hours of trying they are saying me that he is struggling for his life.

"What the fuck are you telling me?" I shouted at the doctor.

"He is not responding!" He replied averting his eyes.

"What do you mean not responding!" I barged into the operation room which made all the nurses and doctors step away from him.

"We couldn't save him." They said and everything stopped. I saw Liam sleeping in deep slumber.

He can't leave me.

No.

He can't do this to me.

I won't allow him to leave me.

I will never let him do this thing to me. I won't and I can't. Either he is fighting for us or I will go with him. I stepped closer to his lifeless body without moving an inch.

"Hey, Liam! Wake up. Come home with me." My voice cracked unable to swallow the lump in my throat. It's so difficult for me to breathe. It's becoming hard for me without hearing his voice.

"Hey! If you are playing games with me you are getting countless beats from me. Hunter is waiting for you at home for us. Wake up! Liam!" I tried hard not to cry. He doesn't like it when I cry.

"Liam baby, come on get up!" I shook his hands. I looked at Aiden and Lucas who were looking at Liam with horror-filled eyes. Mom and Emily were trying hard not to cry and they couldn't believe it. Dad was standing there with a panic-stricken face.

"Enough baby open your eyes and look at me. I promise I will tell you countless times of 'I love you' daily. I will cook for you whenever you ask for me. We will go out whenever we get the time and also we want to see our children right-" I stopped myself as I placed my hands on either side of his cheeks.

"Please come back to me, baby," I whisper croaked.

"He is gone." The doctor said as I looked at him dead in the eye.

"No! He is still alive. He can't leave me." I remove his oxygen mask and brought my cheek to his nose to see if he is breathing but I got nothing.

"No! You can't leave me, Liam. You can't leave me, do you understand!" I took his hand in mine to wake him up.

"Athena-"

"Aiden, he is playing with me. Ask him to get up." I pleaded with Aiden who looked broken as he tried harder to breathe and composed himself answering me.

"He is go-" I cut him off in the middle.

"Shut up, Aiden! He can't leave me. He promised m- me that h- he will love me until he settles among that stars. I- I want him. I want to hear his voice just ask him to call me whatever he wants." Tears flowed out continuously wetting my cheeks. I know I was badly bruised and I got treated, but I felt pain so much not physically but my heart is aching for him. Aiden and Lucas turned away from me pinching their eyes shut.