6th of September 1991

"You're only resorting to physical abuse because you can't prove that I'm wrong." – Attack on Titan, Armin Arlert

Hogwarts, Scotland

"What have we got today?" Harry asked Ron as he poured sugar on his porridge. He had enjoyed his lessons so far, though he hadn't heard many things he didn't already know due to Remus insistent requests that he read his books before terms started.

"Double Potions with the Slytherins," answered Ron "Snape's Head of Slytherin House. They say he always favours them... we'll be able to see if it's true." He didn't look very happy, as if he was already certain that the rumours regarding the professor's posture were accurate.

"Wish McGonagall favoured us," said Harry. Professor McGonagall was head of Gryffindor House, but it hadn't stopped her from giving them a inhumane pile of homework the day before, though Harry didn't mind it much, growing up with an animagus, he had learned quite a bit about the subject and was fairly certain he wouldn't have much trouble with his work.

The same couldn't be said about Ron, who seemed utterly terrified in all of their lessons so far, as if he had never heard of magic before, though he had beat Harry in two chess games already that week.

As it had happened everyday before, a fuss took over the Great Hall when the mail started to arrive. He had gotten a copy of the Daily Prophet with his name in the cover "Harry Potter goes to Hogwarts by Rita Skeeter" to which he rolled his eyes and decided to stop getting them delivered. Apart from that he received two letters, one carried Sirius' clear and fancy handwriting and it read:

"Hello cub,

We hope your first week is going well, do write us as soon as you can. I can't wait to hear about how things have been so far. What house were you sorted into, how was your class with Snivellus and which subject you like the best (though the last bit is to satisfy somebody else's curiosity).

Have you set off any dungbombs yet? Pranked any snakes? Gotten any detention?

Waiting eagerly and with love,

Sirius and Remus

Ps: Don't tell Moony about the cloak I put in the bottom of your trunk, but it was your dad's and I figured it was time you had it."

The other had a very untidy scrawl and was sealed with the Hogwarts crest:

"Dear Harry,

I know you get Friday afternoons off, so would you like to come and have a cup of tea with me around three? I want to hear all about your first week.

Send us an answer back with Hedwig.

Hagrid."

He made a mental note to write back to Hagrid as soon as he was done with breakfast and to his family that night after classes. At the start-of-term banquet, he'd gotten the impression that Professor Snape disliked him, which didn't really surprise him at all, having grown up hearing all the stories about his dad's time in school and the Marauders' relationship with the now professor. Though by the end of the first Potions lesson, he realised he'd been wrong. Snape didn't dislike Harry, he hated him.

Potions lessons took place down in one of the dungeons. It was colder than up in the main castle and would have been creepy enough without the pickled animals floating in glass jars all around the walls. Snape, like Flitwick, started the class by taking the roll call and, like Flitwick, he paused at Harry's name.

"Ah, yes" he said, directing his inexpressive eyes towards Harry's "Harry Potter. Our new... celebrity." In only a few seconds of knowing him the boy had noticed that his professor made odd pauses in his sentences.