2nd of September 1993

AN: Thank you so much to my beta @abbsshipseveryone you're a life saver!

xXx

"please, don't call us dead, call us alive someplace better. we say our own names when we pray. we go out for sweets & come back." - Don't Call Us Dead, Danez Smith

Hogwarts, Scotland

Professor Trelawney gasped and clutched her bony fingers around the teacup, her thick glasses enlarged her eyes, highlighting her expressions. Harry could see the dread glazing her iris as her pupils dilated and her eyebrows rose. She turned the teacup in her hand, taking in every possible angle of the leaves, her rings clanked against the porcelain and the bangles and bracelets on her arm echoed in the quietly attentive room, whatever she saw in his future wasn't good, which he found highly unsurprising.

"The falcon..." She whispered. "You have a deadly enemy." He found that to be rather unrevealing, he hoped she could shed some light into his somber future, that was, of course, if Divination wasn't as much of a sham as Sirius and Remus had suggested.

"But everyone knows that," said Hermione in a loud whisper, Professor Trelawney watched her quietly for a moment "well, they do." She repeated. "Everybody knows about Harry and Voldemort!"

Ron flinched, he hated that Harry and her called him by name, the other students manifested their disapproval too, ultimately though, the boys stared at her with a mixture of amazement and admiration, they had never seen Hermione speak to a teacher like that be​fore. Professor Trelawney quickly led her attention back to tealeaves, so focused Harry was certain if she didn't wear glasses her eyes would fall into the cup.

"The club," she announced much louder than the last "it represents an attack... Dear, dear, this is not a happy cup." Harry rolled his eyes in his mind, bored and still waiting to be given new information.

"I thought it looked more like a bowler hat." Said Ron, but was blatantly ignored.

"The skull," as she moved, her spangled shawl reflected light across the room "danger is in your path, my dear."

"On my path?" He gasped sarcastically. "How unexpected!" He was uncertain as to whether she ignored him on purpose or was so enthralled by the reading she simply hadn't heard him.

Everyone stared transfixed at the professor, who gave the cup a final turn and screamed. A teacup clattered onto the floor a few seats back, Neville, startled, had broken his second cup that morning. Professor Trelawney sank in​to a vacant arm​chair, her hand tight against her chest as if trying to stop her heart from escaping, her eyes closed tightly. Harry thought she had quite the flair for the dramatic and could perhaps give Sirius a run for his money.

"My dear boy, my poor, dear boy- no," she interrupted herself "it is kinder not to say, don't ask me." She whimpered.

"What is it, Professor?" Pried Dean Thomas from the table next to Neville, all the students sat on the edge of their poofs.

"My dear..." Her huge eyes opened dramatically "You have the Grim!"

"The what?" asked Ron, he could tell that he wasn't the only one who didn't understand, Dean Thomas shrugged at him, nearly everybody else gasped, horrified and Lavender Brown looked puzzled, sitting at the table next to Harry's, the Gryffindor girl carried herself in elegant posture, her hair firmly wrapped around her head like a crown with golden cuffs and rings on her braids complementing her dark black skin.

"The Grim, my dear, the Grim!" She cried. Harry knew what it meant, he also knew it was his godfather's animagus form, either way the presence of both in his future was plausible and unsurprising, he did, however, manage to put on an expression of what he hoped looked like true shock and fear. "The giant, spectral dog that haunts churchyards!" Trelawney continued "My dear boy, it is an omen... of death!" Ron, accompanied by nearly everyone else in the class, looked at him with genuine concern.