The Girl in Black

Chapter 2 | The Girl in Black
•.•.•

We finally arrive to our empty new home. We unload all the boxes and suitcases out of the trunk of a cab, and struggle to enter the house. I instantly grab my suitcase and go up the stairs to get a room. As I enter the room, I instantly feel the cold and empty space; it's like waiting for something that will never come. I'm haunted by my thoughts back from my old home; comparing the feeling with this new house, and this feels much worst. I didn't know what to do here. Everything is so different. I couldn't even make a simple decision when I first came here here; like just deciding whether we're taking a cab, or a bus. Or what to eat in the local diner. My mom had to make both decisions, because I just felt so out of place here.
•.•.•

     First day of school and I am already late. Why does it have to start so early? I wake up to see some boxes unpacked downstairs, with some food prepared in the kitchen. I rush back to the restroom when I finished eating to clean myself up and go on with my day. As I struggle to climb up the stairs, I realize how out of shape I am. I quickly slam open my suitcase and instantly see one color inside... black. Every single one of my clothes are black. It is the color I am most comfortable with. I put on an oversized hoodie, some tights, and a pair of combat boots, then head out the door.

      Lunch comes along and I just pray that this horrible day would be over. Of course, as life usually is, my day has gotten worst. I didn't have the appetite to eat or do anything, so I place myself to an empty table, plug my earphones on, and listen to 'Alone Together' by Fall Out Boy. It's kinda hard not to sing along on all of their songs and pretend that you care of people are watching. I mean their songs are just... it's kind of like my spirit animal! I put my feet up on the table and don't care to socialize with anyone else but myself. Unfortunately, some girl doesn't get the memo and barges up to me with a frustrated expression on her face.

          "Hey. Girl in Black. You can't sit her, okay. This is my table."

          I pull out my earphones and reply, "I don't see your name on this table. So just move along so I could listen to some songs."

         "Do you know who I am? I'm Malia Tate." Oh boy, she's on of those girls.

         "Does it look like I care. To me, you're just some random person with a very bad taste in style."

          "Have you looked at yourself in the mirror?" Malia remarks with a smirk plastered on her face.

        "Honey, I only dress to impress. And well, there's no one here to impress, so why try?"

          Before she can say anything, two guys come up behind her. Great, more problems for me. There goes my great first day at Beacon Hills High School.

          "Hey, sorry if my friend here caused any problems. We usually sit here and we're not used to having new people sit here. By the way, my name is Stiles. This is my buddy, Scott." he says, then handing out his hand for me to shake.

          I do not do anything but stare at his hand, with my eyebrows pushing together in confusion.

          "Wow. That's a firm handshake you got there." he says sarcastically. Sarcasm at its finest.

          "Okay, I can't take this! She either goes somewhere else, or I'll just put her in a short coma." Malia demands. Honestly, my hatred level has passed the scale now.

          "Malia, be nice. She's new. Give her a chance." Scott whispers, but putting on a fake smile for me.

          "No! She already made a bad impression on me. Plus, I wouldn't give her a chance, even if she acted and dressed differently. Do you see what she's wearing?" she then turns around to me and says, "Hey, you! Who's funeral are you going to?" nearly yelling it for the whole cafeteria to hear.

          In response, I simply look around and calmly say, "I don't know. I haven't thought of who to murder yet. But now, I have one person in mind." Giving her a mischievous smirk afterwards. "In case you didn't know, it's you." I whisper at her.

          I know, it's childish. This whole situation is childish. I could've turned the other cheek, but this girl was testing my limits.

          Malia takes a deep breath, run towards me, and tries to lift me with the hold of my hoodie. "Listen here, because I'm only gonna say this once. You're new here, so this is your first and final warning. Even if your a senior like the rest of us; it doesn't mean that you can feel all high and mighty. Thinking that you're in the top of the chart." I roll my eyes. What a hypocrite.

          I'm not trying to be all high and mighty. If anything, I'm at the lowest rank of this somewhat chart. I don't even care where I am! I was just defending myself, and it's no like they own this school.

          "Honestly, you wouldn't even have a chance on making a name in this school." Malia adds.

     Okay, this girl really wants to piss me off right now!

          "No wonder why you seem so alone here. It because no one likes you, let alone be near you."

That's it! I'm not going to take this bullshit!

           I push her off of me, then slap her on the face to keep her off balance. "Okay! You can make fun of me all you want, because does it look like I give a fuck about what you say about me?!?! So go ahead! Talk shit about me! But once you start aiming at my friends, saying that you feel sad for them and start talking crap about them, I'm swear I'm going to—"

           "Stop!" Stiles said, picking up Malia. Giving her the 'shame on you' look. "Sorry about all of this. Don't worry, we won't tell the principle about this, umm..."

           I give out a huge sigh and said, "Lydia. Lydia Martin."

          "No one cares! Not even your friends, family,—" Malia adds, trying to pry herself out of Stiles's and Scott's hold.

          "MALIA! Shut Up!!!" Scott yells in the background.

     "No, let her. She can say all she wants! It's not gonna affect me because SHE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT I'VE BEEN THOUGH!!! AND HOW MUCH PAIN IT COST ME!!!" Calming myself down, I take a deep breath. Then I walk towards to Malia and kneel down to whisper in her ear, "Hope you rot in the fiery pits of hell, bitch!"

     I grab my bag and left nonchalantly, as if nothing ever happened. Still satisfied with the fact that I left her speechless. Going out the door grinning because I knew that I won this battle.