HOLD ON

•{ELIJAH}•

                                •{ELIJAH}•

Jada laid on the bed past out. The doctor said she was fine. She just needed food to fill up her belly.

How could have I been so stupid?

I mean I was furious with myself. I watched her the whole entire time and I saw what she was doing. I warned and tried my best to get her to stop. Seeing her like this scared me. I've lost so many loved ones, I don't think I can lose another.

I held onto her cold small hands, warming them up. I made sure to cover her up with some blankets. The whole fucking room was basically below zero.

God, I'm trying to think happy thoughts in my head but I can't. Not when I feel this guilt and angry. Jada is the woman of my dreams and to see her get hurt — hurt me.

I think I'm falling in l-

"Mr.King, How are you feeling?"

I cough, clearing my dry throat. "I'm a little off the edge. I'm trying to recuperate." He smiles, lifting up his glasses. He tries to walks towards Jada, only to be blocked by the several balloons I've brought. "Sorry, I've went overboard."

I just wanted her to wake up to something positive.

"It's fine." He begins checking her vitals. He sighs and steps away from the fragile woman.

"She's fine. Nothing is wrong. She'll be able to go home. I would say tomorrow. Please just check on her from time to time. Make sure she doesn't go through this again." I was gonna make sure of it. I wouldn't let this woman out of my sight.

The doctor excuses himself and leaves. My hands grasp her hands, leaving small kisses upon them. "Elijah." My eyes began to water as her sadden brown eyes looked into mine. All I wanted to do was comfort her.

"Jada." I pecked her cocoa scent lips. Thank the heavens for Kadence. She made sure to always clean her face and moisture it as well.

I took her soft chubby cheeks into my hands.

"Baby, What happened?"

She groaned as her eyes began to water. From her expression, I knew she had recollected yesterday's incident.

"What did I do?"

She whimpers gripping my hand. I kissed it, calming her down. "It is fine. I had a talk with Naomi. She said your fine. She's seen things like that before." Jada breathes out and slowly falls into the hospital bed. She moves over and taps the spot beside her. I lay down, pulling her into my arms. I made sure to be extra gentle, she felt like a glass doll that could break in my arms.

"Jada, please don't do that ever again. Please. If you ever have something going on in your mind, don't keep it to yourself." She nods and pecks my lips. Instead of pulling away, my lips lingers against her lips.