Sparks Fly

Featuring: Adam Page/OFC

Sparks Fly – Taylor Swift

The way you move is like a full on rainstorm And I'm a house of cards You're the kind of reckless that should send me running But I kinda know that I won't get far

And you stood there in front of me just Close enough to touch Close enough to hope you couldn't see What I was thinking of

Getting involved with Adam Page was probably the last thing I should do. He was quite obviously going through some things, and a relationship was certainly a stressor he didn't need. Despite the warning signs I found myself getting closer to him every day. The logical side of my brain was yelling to slam on the brakes, to take note of the drinking and destructive behavior he often engaged in. But logic never could convince a heart. His self-deprecating humor struck a chord in me. His curly blonde hair and soulful eyes made my breath catch. Adam was a natural born flirt with a deep-seated kindness that drew me like a magnet. The slightest of touches by him made me blush like a schoolgirl and I was far gone long before I realized it.

Adam Page was a force to be reckoned with, and I was helpless but to be swept away by him.

Drop everything now Meet me in the pouring rain Kiss me on the sidewalk Take away the pain 'Cause I see, sparks fly, whenever you smile

Get me with those green eyes, baby As the lights go down Gimme something that'll haunt me whenever you're not around 'Cause I see, sparks fly, when you smile

I didn't see him often. His career required a lot of travel, so his time at home was quite limited. But I knew his schedule better than my own and when I heard the tell-tale jangle of keys in the door across the hall I would eagerly scurry to my own door in hopes of catching him before he crossed his threshold. I was sure I came across as an anxious little puppy to him, embarrassed by my haste but not so much so that I wouldn't run to him. He never made me feel that way though, always flashing a wide smile at me when I flung my door open, greeting me with a hug that had me sinking into his chest and absorbing the warmth that was Adam Page.

These brief interactions would always lead to a dinner invitation, the two of us walking to the little corner café, hands clasped together with a stupid grin on my face. When I was with Adam my troubles seemed to disappear. I forgot about my jerk of a boss who always had a snappy word to say, or my co-worker that stole my ideas and took the credit for them. With him I thought I would find the courage to speak up for myself; Adam made my confidence soar and made me feel like I could conquer the world with him by my side.

My mind forgets to remind me, you're a bad idea You touch me once and it's really something You find I'm even better than you, imagined I would be I'm on my guard for the rest of the world But with you I know it's no good And I could wait patiently But I really wish you would

When he's gone I'm reminded why I shouldn't be with him, remembering the tailspins he sometimes sent himself into, receiving the drunken 3am phone calls that broke my heart at the pain he was in. But that person seemed to disappear when Adam was with me, and with that my misgivings about us. How could I abandon him, when I seemed to the place he found peace? I couldn't. Not when he was my safe harbor as well.

His simple touch drove every bit of negativity from my mind. I craved him. I loved him. He wanted me just as desperately. Our hearts were one when we were together. I could only hope that my love was enough to keep his demons at bay; that Adam would realize he had a home with me.

When he was gone those doubts would creep in and I would wonder if our love was enough. But when he was home, when we lay together deep into the night, my head on his chest listening to his heart thunder after we were intimate, those doubts weren't even whispers in my mind.

Drop everything now Meet me in the pouring rain Kiss me on the sidewalk Take away the pain 'Cause I see, sparks fly, whenever you smile

Get me with those green eyes, baby As the lights go down Gimme something that'll haunt me when you're not around 'Cause I see, sparks fly, whenever you smile

I run my fingers through your hair And watch the lights go wild Just keep on keeping your eyes on me Its just wrong enough to make it feel right And lead me up the staircase Won't you whisper soft and slow And I'm captivated by you baby Like a fireworks show

"Hello beautiful."

I squealed in surprise as familiar, strong hands landed on my hips, sending sparks that only one man elicited coursing through my veins.

"Adam." I wriggled in his hold, spinning around so we were chest-to-chest the heaviness that had been weighing me down melting away as I stared into his face. My hands raised to his head, tangling in his blonde curls and dragging his mouth down to mine, lips pressing to his with a sigh.

"You're home early." I said happily as the kiss broke, unable to keep the love sick grin from my face, my only solace in that a matching one was on his. He hummed burying his face in the crown of my head and taking a deep inhale, his arms settling around me in a comforting embrace.

"Tapings finished early, and I wanted to get home to my girl."

As it always did a thrill coursed through me with his simple words. They, along with the memories of his searing kisses, and passionate love, were what got me through his absences. That was the reassurance I needed to carry me through those lonely nights in a cold bed, when I was wondering whether it was all worth it. I would remember those words..."my girl" and it would make it all okay.

Drop everything now Meet me in the pouring rain Kiss me on the sidewalk Take away the pain 'Cause I see, sparks fly whenever you smile

Get me with those green eyes, baby As the lights go down Gimme something that'll haunt me when you're not around 'Cause I see, sparks fly, whenever you smile

When sparks fly oh baby smile When sparks fly