feelings -sfw

He glared at me with those condescending eyes, my lips sunk and I felt the droplets of sweat secrete from my skin. I knew in that moment of the thoughts that crossed his mind, like the sound waves of a harmonious duet, our brains became of the same conclusion. I shivered as the realization hit what he was about to say. Could I take it? The excitement was already consuming me as he began to open his mouth...
"D-did you do the homework?"
Fuck.
I swore this would be the moment! Am I imagining it? Every time I said a dirty joke and he side eyed me and smiled, every time I did something annoying and he smacked me or threatened to do things he knew turned me on, every time I sat down and he sat down right next to me. Did I imagine them? Did I imagine him looking for my reaction when he made a joke despite a room full of people? Did I imagine how comfortable and close he was when he set his head down closer to me in public?
Am I really so distorted from my idealized version of him that I am failing to differentiate between platonic and romantic affection? Perhaps its because nobody has cared about me like he does unless my body is in the equation. But even at a time of weakness and of being unhealthy, he was there.
Fuck. I think I like him.