How long do I have?

Nathalie had lost track of the days, she couldn't remember the last time she actually did something other than just laying in bed, crying. She hadn't changed her clothes in days, the same with showering.

Her head and body ached, she expected to feel better by now but the coughing and most of the side affects of the miraculous were still lingering. She hadn't even tried to find a new job yet.

On one nights, she had given up sleeping, her hand stretched across the desk and landed on the ladybug miraculous. It should have been thrown out by now yet part of her still held on to it. She grasped the miraculous in her hands until a small red kwami popped out. 

"Nathalie? You look awful"

Nathalie gave a sigh and buried her head into her pillow.

"I didn't mean to upset you but... I tho you would be dead by now" Tikki sat on the pillow beside her

"What?" Nathalie lifted her head to look at the tiny red creature

"The wish? Oh my, no one told you?"

"Told me what?! Tell me." Nathalie was confused

"The wish Mr Agreste made, he wished Emilie back and wishes made with the miraculous have a price. In his case, he brought back someone he loved... so he must lose someone he loves. This person was you" Tikki explained

"Gabriel loves me? So I'm dying?! Why didn't he tell me?" Nathalie had so many questions. She took a breath. "So, Gabriel sacrificed ME for EMILIE?!"

Tikki nodded "That's correct, but it's not his fault, he didn't get to choose who he sacrificed"

"How long do I have left?" Nathalie's eyes were filled with tears

"I don't know."

Suddenly there was a knock on her door, she sighed, getting up from the bed and trying to hide the fact that she was a mess. Tikki flew back into the miraculous, hiding. Nathalie slid the latch to the side and opened the door with a creek.

"Gabriel?"

To be continued (sorry it was short, next chapter should be longer)