CH6 For the future

Y/N

"Thank you for calling auntie, and yes, I'm very much happy that Jimin is treating me well."

"Yes... you to Auntie, take care of yourself, bye... "

"You're free now, Doc,"

My friend Marphy, the head nurse in my department, boasted as soon as I hung up the phone with Mark's mother. Marphy is a very vocal woman. It's no wonder she gets along with Taehyung, Jimin's best friend.

"Is that your ex-boyfriend's mom again? Sure, you two are best of friends!"

She continued while rolling her eyes, and I giggled at her.

"Yes, she called to say she's happy for me and she wishes all the best in my marriage."

"Ohh okay, now that you're free, would you tell me why she's still calling but not her son?"

She inquired while leaning on my table, making her eyes bigger than before.

"It's a long story, and we don't have time."

"Yes we do, we're free now, remember? So you better start, uhmmm..."

She ordered. I let out a heavy sigh... and then,

"Me and Mark got that scholarship that day. We've been dreaming of it since the year when the Parks program was offered in our school.
What we both don't expect is that we will be put into different categories.

Him being top student who jumped from 4th rank to 1st rank he was chosen together with the 2nd and 3rd ranked student to send aboard to study medicine and me who's an average student who tried her best to make a name. That year, I advanced from 15th to 10th place.

That same day, I went home first because Mark and the two students who were sent aboard had to stay behind to meet Mr. and Mrs. Park in person. I was so happy that day, but so worried at the same time, knowing me and Mark would separate in no time. So many thoughts were running through my mind that moment, then his mom called me.

She said Mark just called her and told her that we got in. She said she's so happy that all their hard work for Mark's studies from the very start paid off. Maybe in the future, when Mark becomes a famous and successful doctor, she will have back their family house in Taiwan that was still under the bank's name.

Knowing Mark, he will not take this situation easily. I knew he would antagonize himself if he accepted it or not. I didn't want Auntie to be disappointed, so I decided on my own.

I broke up with him that night, telling him it was for his future. And also--- I want to continue, but she cut in holding her hands up to shush me. "

"So before Mark went home that night, he dropped by a nearby convenience store and when he didn't find what he wanted, he went straight home and decided to buy the MANGO FLAVORED ICE CREAM STORY, You are trying to sell him with FUTURE TOPPINGS in it? right? "

Now it's time for me to roll my eyes at her. I can't be with this woman. I have to call Taehyung for help.

Both Marphy and I turn our heads when my phone rings. She beat me first when I was about to reach for it to answer.

"Here, your soon-to-be-husband is calling. Talk to him while I go and get us coffee, because once I return, you have to tell me how you got arranged with this HOT CEO PARK JIMIN arasseo!"

 Talk to him while I go and get us coffee, because once I return, you have to tell me how you got arranged with this HOT CEO PARK JIMIN arasseo!"

Hot CEO PARK JIMIN
Coming soon...