Chapter 6

Nothing felt real.

Nothing was the same as the weeks past in a devastating blur, it was like the weather matched our moods. For the first time since I've been here, it's been raining nonstop.

I was laying Rexys stomach as the rain poured over us, our training was less enthusiastic , and seemed more like a chore than an activity. Lowery tries his hardest to get me to leave the enclosure, and go home with Rexy. But I couldn't.

My bungalow obviously reminds both Rexy and I too much of what we lost.

I didn't want to wake up everyday filled with heartbreak, seeing his face makes me feel so low about myself. I don't need to feel that on top of sorrow.

Rexy and I didn't mind the rain splashing against our skin, it was almost calming as I stroked her now larger teeth. She grew more, she was now at my hip level.

She's so much more mature as it is now visual, dark stripes stood out along her spine, she was the definition of beauty. But every time she opens her eyes I could see longing held within, it kills me to see her like this.

Mirabillas urn was on a shelf outside of the building, holding her ashes, that ive hardly seen since Masrani and Lowery started bringing me food, since I refused to leave.

I shattered my phone getting a call from Owen a week ago, I could still feel the anger and heartbreak. It was my fault for not realizing it sooner, he was too nice, too charming, and too perfect.

The best part about the rain is no one could tell you're crying, I guess it was a plus.

I felt Rexy nudge my head to the side, and I smiled at her sadly. She grunting flipping me over as my face landed in a muddy puddle, I looked at her incredulously and she snorted.

"Oh you think that's funny?"

Third POV

Ria grabbed a handful of mud throwing it on Rexys head with a laugh, as the dinosaur playfully growled standing up. Ria stood with more mud in her hands cocking an eyebrow, the smaller seemed to take it as a challenge kicking out her legs, as a clump of mud landed on her shirt.

The two were oblivious to the southern man watching the two with a sad smile, he watched the way she laughed for the first time in forever from the higher window.

Owen didn't realize how lost he's felt without her, he knew he's been angrier lately, and more stern with his training. But watching the two play like children left him longing for her touch, her kiss, and her fierce remarks.

The months he spent with her, getting to know her slowly were ripped away from him. Sure he knew he was wrong for agreeing to the bet in the first place, but he didn't know her then. It was a fun challenge that involved a lot of money, how could he have refused?

But he didn't plan on falling for her.

I guess that's the funny thing about fate, nothing ever goes as planned. Footsteps were heard until a body stopped beside him, Owen looked to the slightly shorter man as a small smile was placed on his face.

"She hasn't smiled like that in weeks" Simon told Owen staring at the girls grinning happily "her father will be happy to hear this when I call him" Owen stayed quiet looking back to Ria and Rexy.

Ria was playfully running from Rexy, as the t-Rex roared, Making Owen smile shaking his head. She was playing prey, only she would be that bold to assume the dinosaur wouldn't take it seriously.

"May I ask what you're doing here Owen?" Simon asked and Owen cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Just checkin' in" the man replied in a very deep voice, it was raspier than Simon remembered slightly taking him back.