Chapter 1

This story is based in 2008, we're going to pretend Jurassic Park was created before the movie. So this is 8 years before the Irex. Pretend you're Metria

Metria's POV

"Zeus!" I yelled at the lion ready to pounce on the child who fell into the enclosure "Stephan open the gate!"

"Are you crazy?!" He screamed and I glared at him.

"Now Stephan!" He opened the gate and I ran toward Zeus, he roared as the Child screamed out for his mother. I stepped in front of him about eight feet away, his eyes were trained on the 9 year old boy.

"Look at me me Zeus" I demanded and he growled "hey!" His eyes met mine,as  I brought my palm in the air, and brought it swiftly into his fist stopping his growls. "Good boy" i praised and walked away from the boy, as Zeus followed.

The zoos security entered the enclosure discreetly collecting the child, as my eyes stayed connected to the lions to establish dominance. Zeus's head cocked to the side hearing rustling.

"Nope! Look at me" his head snapped to mine as we walked farther into his home, the gates were slammed shut admitting a roar from the beast. "Nuh uh!" I scolded. I reached into my treat back and pulled out some raw meat, his nose sniffed the air letting out a soft grunt. "Come" I told him.

He followed my commands and stepped toward me, gasps were heard above us as the lion brushed his nose against my chin in apology. I traced my hand from his neck to his jaw in forgiveness, I then flattened my palm showing the piece of meat, as he brought his head down to eat it leaving saliva on my hand.

"Good boy" I cood scratching his ear, he let out a grunted purr and laid at my feet. Claps and cheers signaled from above me, but I payed no mind making sure zeus was satisfied. I place down two more pieces of pork before walking away from the large cat. Stephan opened the gate to let me through, and clapped my back.

"I swear to god, you scare me every time you know that?" I rolled my eyes with a chuckle before walking down the path to the cheetahs.

"It's all in my nature sweet cheeks" he trailed after me like always.

"So where's your next stop?" I raised my eyebrow in question.

"Just going to go to the other sanctuaries, to see how my animals are doing" I told him as we stopped to the cheetah gate. He took his keys opening the small door letting me through.

" you know I can't believe you won't take the job here, you've only known Zeus for two weeks, and you have him eating out of your hands....literally" he laughed, it seems as if he's still running on adrenaline.

"Can't Stephan, I tame animals who supposedly can't be tamed. Zeus was the only problem starter because of his abused past" I told him at I grabbed the lamb legs pulling them into the large bowls, and whistled "Luna! Sana! Food!" I called and stepped out of the enclosure.

"We're gonna miss you around here Ya know?" We fell into step with each other walking toward the employee section.

"There will be another trainer taking my place" I nodded as if affirming my statement.

"None as great as you!" He gushed "I mean-I mean you're amazing! The best in Montana, maybe even the country " I smiled kindly at him as I washed my hands.

"Thank you Stephan, you're very kind" he blushed, and looked down scratching his neck.

"Y-yeah" he mumbled before the door opened revealing my father.

" hi daddy" I walked over wrapping my arms around him, he hugged me tightly kissing my head. I was only 5'4 where as he was almost a foot taller than me.