Chapter 8

This was inspired by ten things I hate about you
If you haven't seen the movie, you must check it out (streaming on Disney plus)

Hour 17

Ria grew restless as the snoring man from the other side of the room continued to ramble in his unconscious state.

Not only does he endlessly speak about pointless topics, but in his sleep he speaks as if he's out on past missions, or simply talking about the raptors. Right now at this very second he was talking about an old buddy named Ronald.

"Ronald you sorry prick!" Owen yelled in his sleep and Ria groaned in response rubbing her tired eyes "hehe you dog" she closed her eyes again ready for sleep to consume her before another loud snore echoed through the room.

"I'm not going to kill him. I'm not going to kill him" she repeated to herself like a prayer. The snoring continued throughout the night, as Ria asked herself questions she didn't ask herself prior to dating him.

'How did I deal with this? Has this always been an issue? What if I just cut off his airway?' The sun peaked through the glass windows, stirring Owen from his sleep much to Ria's relief.

"Mornin'" his voice was deep with slumber looking into Ria's tired eyes "how'd ya sleep?" He asked only receiving her glare in response "someone woke up on the wrong side of the floor"

Ria chuckled darkly grabbing a pillow; standing on exhausted legs and Owen whined.

"Awe Cmon! It's too early for this shit"

"Too early?" Her voice was scratchy and he nodded rubbing the sleep from his eyes "too early!" Ria repeatedly hit him with a pillow as his hands flew to dodge her assault

"Babe! Ah! Stoppit!"he yelled grabbing her arms and she slumped in his hold "there we go, relax time" Ria continued to weakly hit him with her hands before he hushed her.

The warmth of his body flushed with her own, as her head slumped against his shoulder in exhaustion.

"That's it, shhh" Owen rubbed her back pulling her legs between his laying them down on his makeshift bed. "Shh" Ria's even breath fanned across his neck as he rubbed patterns across her back.

"Yer not as scary when yer sleepin" he chuckled to himself breathing in her scent.

*-*

Ria stirred in her sleep smelling the familiar pine and sweat. When she opened her eyes she was met with Owens neck, everything they've done together swarmed through her mind just staring at his sleeping form. 

Four months ago

I hate the way you talk to me
And the way you cut your hair

"Oh can it metria, grab the wrench" Owen groaned and Ria tossed the wrench toward him.

"Don't be a sore loser honey" she cooed pressings wet kiss to his cheek as he tried to fix the engine on his bike.

"Yer distractin me darlin"  he grumbled, his greasy hands skillfully placed the part where he wanted, as Ria continued to kiss his face.