Chapter 113: Uncle Three's Goods

The next morning, I went to work with a hangover. Bai Haotian had already made hangover tea, so I took a sip of it. I patted her head and then pulled up all of Uncle Three's goods.

Uncle Three didn't have many goods in the warehouse since he was always on the move. I honestly didn't think he liked antiques, because he kept his inventory relatively small. I only found three shipments in total.

I looked through the information on the first shipment and found its location in the warehouse. It was a tortoise stele [1] that was wrapped in plastic paper, but there was nothing on the stele. The second shipment was a batch of old equipment that appeared to be obsolete now. Uncle Three had either saved it because he didn't want to lose any of it, or it was the equipment that important people around him had used. If those people had died, then their things couldn't be thrown away.

I tore off the packaging of the second shipment and sat down on the ground. This was Pan Zi's equipment. There were many different sets for all types of terrains, and I even recognized several of them that Pan Zi had worn before. When it came to exploring large-scale tombs, most of the equipment was very old after only being used once. Pan Zi liked to modify this old equipment by himself, so most of it was very recognizable.

After taking a few deep breaths, the throbbing in my heart finally calmed down.

When I walked to the third shipment, my heart fell as soon as I saw it. It was an old coffin. Those in the country liked to buy their coffins in advance and this particular coffin was one that my grandpa had prepared at that time. But Grandpa wanted to be cremated later, so this coffin ended up being useless.

The Wu family didn't care much about what happened after they died, so the coffin wasn't special. But it still belonged to Grandpa, so they couldn't just throw it away. In the end, they decided to stick it here.

Most of Uncle Three's memories were still here. I went back to the first shipment and examined the tortoise carefully. Although the item itself was special, there wasn't anything special about it as far as I could tell. It had clearly been in the warehouse for a long time, so maybe Uncle Three just forgot about it after he put it here.

When I got back to the office, I sighed and looked at Bai Haotian who was calmly chatting on QQ [2]. "You knew I wouldn't find anything," I said to her. "That's why you told me so readily. You didn't say a word, so I bet you know this warehouse like the back of your hand."

"It's because there's nothing to do here. You know, every one of these goods has a story." Bai Haotian said as she looked at the calendar beside her. "Did you know that the concierge at hotels know almost everything since it's their job to look at the guests' luggage? Even the luggage storage office is all about guessing the luggage passwords. As a result, they're the only ones who know what the guests in the hotel look like on the surface and in reality."

"Then do you have any suggestions? Look, I've been working so hard for so long and it's all been in vain. If you don't feel sorry for me at all, then you must know that there's something valuable to me. I can definitely figure it out after a long time, but I've already agreed to teach you how to work in this business, so you shouldn't hold back on me."

Bai Haotian looked at me with a smile and then said slowly, "Let me think about whether I should tell you or not."

I narrowed my eyes and tried to look at her with my most annoyed expression, but I didn't expect her to blush. "Or, you could guess."

Guess?

My fingers twitched. If she was letting me guess, then that meant that the information I had now could be used to infer a result that was favorable to me.

I only thought for a few seconds before I suddenly had an epiphany. "Come on, tell me. What's the code for my name?" I asked her. "I want to see if I have any goods in Warehouse Eleven."

I had never stored anything in Warehouse Eleven. I didn't handle many things that were qualified to come to this warehouse, nor did I have many storage needs. If I did actually have goods in Warehouse Eleven, then it definitely fit in line with Uncle Three's usual routine.

This was the way he would convey information to me, because as long as I kept working in this business, I would definitely go to Warehouse Eleven to store things once I reached a certain age. At that time, I would find that I already had a shipment of goods here.

Bai Haotian looked at me with her cheeks cupped in her hands, "I won't tell you unless you tell me why you're so curious." 

****************************************

Notes:

[1] Looks like this:

[2] It's an instant messaging software service and web portal developed by the Chinese tech giant Tencent